What's new

Question New to skarlet

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just bought her, atm getting used to her execution by getting familiar with dagger cancels, things like U3 U3 ds 2 ds 112

any reccomendations on easy combos, her frametraps, punishers, etc?

so far i got down F31 rd ds u3 ds 2 ds 112 for 34%

i LOVE her jik combos, i use jik to stuff antiairs all the time for free damage, 25%+ and a reset? dayum

Eddy Wang
Ninj
@assassinibel
Johnny2d

AssassiN

Noob
Damn, spelling my name wrong?
25% of a jik?
Wondering how much frame advantage you get from that.

If you beat me online with Skarlet, I'm gonna have a serious cry.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Damn, spelling my name wrong?
25% of a jik?
Wondering how much frame advantage you get from that.

If you beat me online with Skarlet, I'm gonna have a serious cry.
jik dagger 2 ds 112 red dash 22% with full reset advantage

this is so useful

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey Qwark28
If what you is combos, here is the bible: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/pre-video-guide-combo-release-list.17083/

As for her best punishers and frametraps, i can tell you, Skarlet is a character that is very meter dependend, doesn't have crazy or garanteed setups like cyrax or sonya has. But she deals good very good damage.

Her best punisher is F4, you can cancel into rd and hit confirm downslash into a combo. use it to whiff punish half of the stuff that whiffs in this game and the other half with her safe on block slide that can be used to slide under projectiles when you time it correctly,

Skarlet frametraps are mainly designed to give her more blockstrings and build her meter , you can get this achievement by jailing someone into standing block and 114 into EX Dagger Cancel that is +21 on block.

Or you can iaD someone on their forehead for a +25 frames on hit, that surely grants free blockstring ride
iaDD also gives ~+15 on hit to start more pressure or poke out the opponent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
could someone explain to me how to punish someone disrespecting the 112 frametrap? which string do you use?

AssassiN

Noob
could someone explain to me how to punish someone disrespecting the 112 frametrap? which string do you use?
What do you mean disrespecting the 112 frametrap?
If you don't know it yet, 112 + EX Dagger on crouchblock doesn't jail.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Im new to her as well on a serious level, and will be noobing up your forum alot in the near future, you guys have alot of great information here though, kudos,

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What do you mean disrespecting the 112 frametrap?
If you don't know it yet, 112 + EX Dagger on crouchblock doesn't jail.
what if i finish a combo with the 112 frametrap and they move? you cant hit confirm f4 fast enough to punish

AssassiN

Noob
what if i finish a combo with the 112 frametrap and they move? you cant hit confirm f4 fast enough to punish
Actually, you can.
You just gotta be fast enough, start using up-slash if it ain't working out so good.

Well, the advantage you get from resetting people with 112 depends on the BNB you use and how high you reset them.
So post the BNB's you use.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Actually, you can.
You just gotta be fast enough, start using up-slash if it ain't working out so good.

Well, the advantage you get from resetting people with 112 depends on the BNB you use and how high you reset them.
So post the BNB's you use.
right now im using some basic bnbs, will use others when i can execute them, really annoying how the combo thread doesnt actually list specials butt notations

AssassiN

Noob
right now im using some basic bnbs, will use others when i can execute them, really annoying how the combo thread doesnt actually list specials butt notations
RD = Red Dash
US = Up Slash
DS = Down Slash
FD = Far Dagger
DC = Dagger Cancel(forward)
EDC = Enhanced Dagger Cancel
RD~DS means Red Dash canceled into Down Slash
xx -> dashing forward

Reset combo's order from easy to just goddamn freaking impossible:
- starter + RD~DS, xx, 23 + DC, 112
- starter + RD~DS, xx, 23 + RD~DS, 112
- starter + RD~DS, 2+RD~DS, 2+ RD~DS, 112
- starter + RD~DS, xx, U3 + FD, 2 + DC, 112
- starter + RD~DS, xx, U3, 2 + RD~US, 2 + DC, 112
- starter + RD~DS, xx, U3, 2 + RD~DS, 112
- starter + RD~DS, xx, U3, 2 + RD~DS, 2 + RD~DS, 112 => This combo is impossible to get it down consistently. So don't try to learn this as a BNB.

The starters in these combo's can be:
- F4
- F31
- B2

These combo's will give Skarlet +- 12 frame advantage if you reset them from the highest point possible when canceling into RD.
Meaning if you let the opponent get too low when inputting 112 the advantage will be less.
Resetting at the lowest point may only grant her +4.
The last combo doesn't give that advantage I think, it's more a combo where you cancel the 112 into EDC for more damage and pressure.

Most of the 2's in these combo's can be replaced by a F4 if you're more comfortable with those.

Other BNB's:
- F2121+2 + RD~US, F4 + DC, 112
- 21 + RD~US, 23 + RD~DS, 112
- 212 + DC, 23 + DC, 112