What's new

New to Netherrealm..not new to fighting games.. help with notation please

Seven215

Noob
ok.. so I am new to these games.. I want to play injustice.. I see a combo I want to try.. but I have NO idea what the notation means.. I know Anime Notation.. 5a..6b..and such.. but I cant make heads or tales what any of this means: JI3 B23~Lift (m) B3 Jump 2 223 lift

Is there a notation guide so I can learn this foreign language? :)

Saffa

Mortal
In your example it would be:

Jump In 3 (which would be heavy attack), lift (m) [would be a special move called "lift" Raven?, which is followed by (M)eter.
Then Back 3 (heavy attack again), jump 2 (med attack) then a 223 string (med,med,heavy), then the lift special again.

After reading that I think I might have confused you more...

zaf

professor
ok so ill tell you a combo with raven and break it down for you.
When i use 1234 its the same as mk in terms of buttons on pad but its different for injustice.
1 is light 2 is mdeium 3 is hard 4 is trait
meter burn is r2 and you can use it like ex moves in mk.

Jump in 3 > F222~db2 MB b3 Jump in late aerial 3 > F222~df2 MB > b23

Jump in and then do a hard. With raven this will be the move where she focuses her hands ands kinda pogo jumps lol.
Then when you land do the blockstring F+222 canceled into down back 2, which is ravens lift. You can meter burn this after she grabs them for a bounce. Cost 1 meter. Then you can do a b3 which is a wall bounce. When the wall bounce hits you do another jump in 3 but late, into another f+222 blocksting this time canceled into down forward 2. THis is like ermacs push with raven, where as the first special is like lift.After this end in a block string b23 to push them full screen.

Komatose

The Prettiest
In your example it would be:

Jump In 3 (which would be heavy attack), lift (m) [would be a special move called "lift" Raven?, which is followed by (M)eter.
Then Back 3 (heavy attack again), jump 2 (med attack) then a 223 string (med,med,heavy), then the lift special again.

After reading that I think I might have confused you more...
This is correct. I don't think it could be put any more simple than this lol.

Saffa

Mortal
One thing which could confuse you is the use of (m) in the example, since we are also talking about light, medium and heavy.

If people use MB (meter burn) in all examples it would be slightly easier for newbies to understand I guess, but M is fine when using 1,2 and 3.

Seven215

Noob
oh.. now it all makes sense.. thanks all for the quick replies.. I cant wait to go home to practice.. I spent all last night on story
mode.. LOL :)