What's new

New To Kabal And Need Guidance

Jeesh

Jeeshinator
ive been playing mk9 for about a month now i finally found the character that i like but there is not much beginner info about him.I would like to know his beginner-advanced combos,NDC strings and tips,strategies,ect...I know his most basic combos but they hardly do 30%.Plz Help.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
ive been playing mk9 for about a month now i finally found the character that i like but there is not much beginner info about him.I would like to know his beginner-advanced combos,NDC strings and tips,strategies,ect...I know his most basic combos but they hardly do 30%.Plz Help.
I myself am fairly new to Kabal as well :p I got most of his NDC things down...now its just a matter of being consistent and robotic as REO >.> There's a ton of stuff in the forums if you haven't check yet....that's where i got most of my stuff from. And watch a bunch of REO matches...no disrespect to the other Kabal pros out there but i think REO is the only player right now who is FULLY abusing all of Kabal's crap ;)

Lulzlou

Noob
There is no such thing as beginner info with kabal. You can't win matches only using "beginner info" with kabal.

Picking up kabal is like marrying the love of your life. You have to pull through the toughest situations if you want to main him. MAIN him, not having a pocket character because you can't beat someone with kabal.

If you are okay with needing high execution and good mind games, I'll help you. I could write a guide and have it finished by the weekend.

You can also not give a shit about my post. I'm not a high level kabal so I'm not 100% right on somethings. I learned kabal on my own.

Edit: I suggest watching videos of REO and MasterD.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
I don't fully believe the previous post. Every character has beginner info. At the beginning of learning anything, there's a foundation that has to be set up. And I think that's what Jeesh was asking for. I agree though that Kabal is hands down the hardest character to master. His inputs need high precision and your hands never get a break throughout the duration of a match. The pocket character thing is also not completely true. Look at DetroitBallin. He doesn't main Kabal but can certainly use him to counter pick against certain characters....he even nearly beat REO in a Kabal mirror. So anyone trying to learn Kabal basically has to know only a few basic things; he can do excellent in any situation but it's a matter of how much work you're willing to put into it

Lulzlou

Noob
You shouldn't have took what I said so literally. Yes every character has beginner info but kabal is a type of character that you will beginner info just wont cut it. You'll fuck it too many times and lose 90% of your matches, which you will need to accept that it happens. When you are learning kabal you need to start practicing his advanced stuff right away. Maybe that is just my experience but it was tough for me.

During a match you need to worry about pressure, footsies, zoning, anti-zoning, etc. Compared to some of the other casts, a weeks worth of practice wont cut it like lets say, a Johnny Cage or Kung Lao.

Also the Detroit thing, he mains Shang not kabal and he is a high level player in general (I heard he only uses it in kabal mirrors, I could be wrong). I'm just talking about the average joe that wants to learn kabal and MAIN him, not pocket him or another character. There aren't a lot of 100% kabal mains. If you take a 2 average tournament players, one being a kabal main and another having a pocket kabal, the kabal main will be on a different level since that is all that he plays.

No offence to the OP but I feel like he is the average player wanting to pick up kabal. If he wasn't he wouldn't be asking for all of that info. Any high level player can figure it out on their own by watching a few videos and practicing a lot.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole. Please don't take it that way lol.

I guess beginner info for kabal would be to rely less on his NDC pressure and focus on his 50/50 mixups such as F3,2 Tornado Slam or F3,2 Buzz Saw. I have been using his 1,1,B4 into TSlam/Saw Mixups.
Some simple combos:
JIP B121- F4 NDC 2 F4 ND JIP B121, 2, F4 - I think its around 40%
JIP F3, 2 ND B121 F4 - I think that hits around the low 30's

I hope that this helps you on your conquest to being the next REO

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Like all the high level fighters in this game, Kabal takes high levels of execution and fundamental skills to be used effectively. These skill are not something anyone can learn quickly. If you want to play a fighting game, and be truly "good", you have to dedicate a lot of time to it.

I can’t really help you with strategies or anything, because I don't use him. But I will tell you, that you will need to work on more than just the fighter to be good with him/her at the game.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Lulzlou I totally get what youre saying and I admire you for even maining Kabal(I would main him but i don't like the thought of having carpal tunnel so early in life haha). But i was just giving Jeesh the benefit of the doubt and letting him have an open ended perspective on how good he wants to be. If he wants to be the next top Kabal, then let him dream....who knows he might put enough work into it and if he's lucky, he'll be right up there with REO and the other crazy Kabal Jedis :p