What's new

General/Other New to forums and to Mortal Kombat(sub zero)

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Hi guys ,
First let me thank you for all the information i could find on this forum about sub zero and mk in general .I love subzero i can do almost all his combos and i can beat ladder up to gorro or kintaro on hard with no loss and on expert with a few tries .(i have hard time vs noob vs kabal vs baraka or kenshi) but i practice to be better.Also i forgot to mention i play MK on ps vita not on console but is the same .I read the thread with combos with sub zero and i have a hard time doing the string with
22 ice NJP dash 1 dash b12 212 slide . i mean after i do the NJP and i dash i can imput 1 but after this if i dash again i cant connect the b12 because the opponent hit the ground or i miss him by millimeter...I can do the combo no problem if i take out the dash 1 after NJP and only do NJP dash B12 212 slide or 214 slide ....i am sorry and please dont laugh at me i play this game for 1 month only .

AYSAMO

Noob
Welcome! Yea no one really bothers doing the extra 1 before b12 after that NJP. It's not worth dropping becaue sub-zero can't afford to drop any combos for how hard he has to work to get one.

The matchups you struggle with are ones that are awful for him in general. Just keep playing them, or learn a secondary character like Kung Lao.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
You had me at Sub-zero!
Welcome to the site and hope you like it here. Don't worry about having a hard time against any of those characters, we all do... especially using Sub-zero.

As for your combo problem, how early are you doing the 1 after the NJP? When you do the dash, B1 Sub's fingers should just barely touch the opponent's body. You have to kind of hit them near the end of the hit animation.
Don't worry about anyone laughing at you, yo.

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Thank you guys for your imput
Dragon Pick i imput 1 after dash but not after full animation i mean after i see sz back leg just moving i imput 1 then dash again for b12 but Aysamo is right its so hard to obtain a opening for combos with sub zero that is not worth the extra 2 or 3 % of that hit .

1 dash b21 is pretty easy after a bit of practice, if you feel like you're gonna drop it or the b21 will miss just 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.... 212/4 slide

also vita is different than console, some things don't work on there that do on console

but welcome to TYM, have fun leveling up and repping dat ice clone :)

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
I like challenges so this is why i took sub zero to play with if i wanted a easy mode i would go noob and spam the shadows and teleports into oblivion out of opponents ... but that is not skill

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hi guys ,
First let me thank you for all the information i could find on this forum about sub zero and mk in general .I love subzero i can do almost all his combos and i can beat ladder up to gorro or kintaro on hard with no loss and on expert with a few tries .(i have hard time vs noob vs kabal vs baraka or kenshi) but i practice to be better.Also i forgot to mention i play MK on ps vita not on console but is the same .I read the thread with combos with sub zero and i have a hard time doing the string with
22 ice NJP dash 1 dash b12 212 slide . i mean after i do the NJP and i dash i can imput 1 but after this if i dash again i cant connect the b12 because the opponent hit the ground or i miss him by millimeter...I can do the combo no problem if i take out the dash 1 after NJP and only do NJP dash B12 212 slide or 214 slide ....i am sorry and please dont laugh at me i play this game for 1 month only .
You don't lose much by not doing the extra 1. In fact, I don't even use that combo at all unless I'm going to try to troll and cut it short to throw an ice puddle. lol

My advice would be to drop the extra 1 b/c consistent damage > dropping combos. And you need to use the B121 string as your main combo. It gives you enough advantage after the last hit to basically do whatever you want. Be that a F4 slide mixup, a throw, 21 shenanigans, D4 pressure, B2 shenanigans, blockstrings, etc.

That all said,

Welcome to MK and the sub-zero forums. :)

Good luck.

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
I like him because i can use my judgement into trapping opponents to do what i want them to do .but also because his combos i think are much easier to do but also his combos have a lot of variations for diff situation .i can lay down clone after 224 or 212 or with d4 i can let it right in your face when i trap you in corner .... is a mind game sub zero almost like playing chess

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What i like to do as a combo i do JP B1 2 ice ball then JP B1 2 1 dash throw i get 32 % from combo plus 11 % from throw ... this is alot of dmg compared to how easy it is to pull this off
You've got the right idea with this. That throw is guaranteed if you time it right. Once they are scared of the throw you can do all sorts of stuff after B121. That's why I said you should use it as your main combo.

The NJP one is only really good for the wall carry or if you think it will kill them.

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
yes you are right . i like that each day i learn new things about this character .Thank you for your input

even if i dont make a throw they usualy block low so it gives me a chance for f4 ice blast combo again :D but i know they are low level this is why is so easy for me to win in those situations

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Hi guys .Today i found something interesting with Sub Zero in a match .I was fighting this guy and he was with Kabal i was ducking doing my d4 clone pressure when i found a opening for 212 so i did 212 then i froze him in the air then suddenly to my mind came (i was winning anyway ) what if i try to ice puddle him while he was on the ground. So i tryed but normal puddle didnt worked but ex puddle worked just fine so i got him trapped after 212 ice blast in ex ice puddle then proceed with a normal combo .... after this i found a video of this on youtube also so i was not the one to find it first .I will try to see how i can use this trick the best .Maybe you guys already knew it but for me is new.
Happy blasting :D

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Welcome! Yea no one really bothers doing the extra 1 before b12 after that NJP. It's not worth dropping becaue sub-zero can't afford to drop any combos for how hard he has to work to get one.

The matchups you struggle with are ones that are awful for him in general. Just keep playing them, or learn a secondary character like Kung Lao.
Where the hell have you been? haha.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hi guys .Today i found something interesting with Sub Zero in a match .I was fighting this guy and he was with Kabal i was ducking doing my d4 clone pressure when i found a opening for 212 so i did 212 then i froze him in the air then suddenly to my mind came (i was winning anyway ) what if i try to ice puddle him while he was on the ground. So i tryed but normal puddle didnt worked but ex puddle worked just fine so i got him trapped after 212 ice blast in ex ice puddle then proceed with a normal combo .... after this i found a video of this on youtube also so i was not the one to find it first .I will try to see how i can use this trick the best .Maybe you guys already knew it but for me is new.
It can be useful at the right times, it's kind of just a gimmick though. I don't think the real reset still exists.

hamutokuma

小さなウサギ
Yes no reset there but ,only for the mind game and is still usefull .If i make my opponent to think i am a puddle user (which is very unusual for a sub zero) maybe i can make him do unusual things that will lead him into making big mistakes allowing me to win easier ....

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
yeeeees..... yeeeeeeeeeeesssss!

moar puddle users! XD

I like you.

my favorite puddle setup:

212 freeze dash (B1)2 21 puddle

or

B12 freeze NJP (B1)2 21 puddle

I still need to learn that 2x NJP puddle thing in the corner... but I forgot how it goes. =/

New guy gushing about how boss Sub-Zero is thread? Sticky plz?
kidding aside though, learn his corner pressure inside and out. Everything you do should be involved around getting them to the wall. Sub-zero is pretty bad midscreen, but in the corner he is literally the most bullshit character in the game. His corner game makes Kabal look like Bryan Gumble.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
New guy gushing about how boss Sub-Zero is thread? Sticky plz?
kidding aside though, learn his corner pressure inside and out. Everything you do should be involved around getting them to the wall. Sub-zero is pretty bad midscreen, but in the corner he is literally the most bullshit character in the game. His corner game makes Kabal look like Bryan Gumble.
holy shit look at that avatar