What's new

New to fighting games but looking forward to learning and going to offline events

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey, first I would like to say that the mk community, especially tym are all extremely supportive. This is my first serious fighting game, but I feel I have improved greatly after reading in forums here. I main sub zero and lui kang, and I also like kenshi. I hope to level up and compete at a high level as soon as possible. My gamertag is Soap Box Fan on xbl, and am willing to play w any1. I look forward to joining the mk family.:headbang:

BookBurning

Voidwards
Great attitude man and believe me, there are alot of people in the same boat as you. The fighting game community is loads of fun and offline events kick ass. Welcome to the community and we're happy to have you.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Thanks for the welcome. Anybody know the bes way to get into the offline community? Im obviously not going to evo or anything like that, but if anybody new of some smaller events that could get me started it would I would be very appreciative. I live near philadelphia but am willing to travel. Thanks in advance

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thanks for the welcome. Anybody know the bes way to get into the offline community? Im obviously not going to evo or anything like that, but if anybody new of some smaller events that could get me started it would I would be very appreciative. I live near philadelphia but am willing to travel. Thanks in advance
Welcome welcome! You can check the Regional MatchMaking Threads for your area, I'm sure there are posts regarding local casuals, ranbats, and tourneys in them. Enjoy it here, bud, you will learn a lot!

-b_s- :headbang: