What's new

Tech New Skarlet Tech?

ryublaze

Noob
The first part of the video shows you where the overhead is in the F2, 1, 2, 1+2 string. The second part shows an opponent fuzzy guarding the overhead. The last part shows the tech.

Let's say you are using F2, 1, 2, 1+2 on a crouch blocking opponent. Most opponents will fuzzy guard the overhead. Keeping this in mind, you can possibly catch them stand blocking after F2, 1, 2 by using Dagger Toss (goes over their head) then dash cancelling out of it into 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger.

I'm not sure how viable this is because it can be poked out of and idk how many frames it takes to dash cancel out of a whiffed Dagger Toss. Somberness I do realize that you can just finish the F2, 1, 2, 1+2 string and mix it up with EX Down Slash or 1, 1, 4 etc. but this tech is actually a mix-up of a safe overhead that doesn't burn meter and 1, 1, 4.

EDIT: Thanks Somberness. You are at -12 after the Dagger Toss.

Ninj Johnny2d Eddy Wang Mosp Khaotic_xShangx

Somberness

Lights
I'm not sure how viable this is because it can be poked out of and idk how many frames it takes to dash cancel out of a whiffed Dagger Toss. Somberness
I was going to say sorry for not updating the thread but the information was there! 34 is the minimum, I updated both the maximums too. I also noticed her enhanced daggers lag the game if they whiff... so I had to adjust the normal duration of that from 63 to 60. You're negative 12 frames, 34 - 22.

As for the tech, I like it.

Saint

Noob
I was going to say sorry for not updating the thread but the information was there! 34 is the minimum, I updated both the maximums too. I also noticed her enhanced daggers lag the game if they whiff... so I had to adjust the normal duration of that from 63 to 60. You're negative 12 frames, 34 - 22.

Sorry, this is completely off-topic but it just hit me when I saw you here. How many frames advantage do you need to be granted a safe jump? A crossover jump punch that is.

Somberness

Lights
Sorry, this is completely off-topic but it just hit me when I saw you here. How many frames advantage do you need to be granted a safe jump? A crossover jump punch that is.
Totally safe, even from armor, is at least 35 for a crossover.

ryublaze

Noob

Thanks! -12...hmm that's full combo punishable. I guess that's not too bad.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Thanks! -12...hmm that's full combo punishable. I guess that's not too bad.
Full combo punishable is fine if no one is expecting it. This is good, Red - it's another mixup that the opponent has to watch for. In order for them to poke out of it they:

1) Have to know it's possible you'll do it
2) Predict you'll do it
3) Risk being easily hit-confirmed into a reset in order to attempt a poke

I'd say that's pretty solid. Another tool in Skarlet's arsenal. Way to think outside the box!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Yeah, its nice.

I can't believe all this new stuff. Everytime I'm in the lab, I come back here and see another thing that sends me back to the lab.

12 frames isn't much time if you catch them off guard. 10 frames is a 6th of a second... Not enough time to do anything if they don't know the situation.

Skarlet mixups, damage, and resets + smart players = unstopable!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Johnny2d

Seems like it would make sense to do f212, then dash slide, to make them see the 50/50 options, in order to setup a regular dagger cancel here.

Man, empty dashes, regular dagger cancel tricks off from that 50/50... Crazy stuff.

Johnny2d

+ throws.

Use 'em.
Absolutely correct. I wish mk had a random block for practice. In sf4 I always had the practice on random block, everything was a tic throw situation. I could use that to remind me in mk.

ryublaze

Noob
Thanks everyone. I'm starting to think you can react to the whiffed dagger since it takes so long to cancel out of it. Might not be something that works in high level play. <.<

Also you can do EX Dagger instead of regular dagger to cancel faster and go into F2, 1, 2, 1+2 again. You'd be wasting 1 bar though. I'll probably update the video with a new video some other time.

Johnny2d

Yeah but its one more thing as an option. It will work best if they expect a low or high. It's a risk, similar to the empty dash, but its a meterless risk to use at a different spot in the match.

I don't think its a staple tactic for every situation in every match, but it adds more mind games. The more mind games the opponent is honoring the better. Think about it, what other characters have this kind of depth in mind games?

I've said it before and a few others have agreed, people are more fun to play against once they KNOW and RESPECT her options. Then it comes down to a match of wits:)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
very very good video red, love the new tech
Way to think outside the box Red, its amazing how this character grows tech in every hour, that happened so fast.
Sure they can try something stupid out there, but this whiff is an optical illusion(-12), the moment they try anything, you armor to win the trade.

I don't care how unsafe this may look like, i'm going to practice this:eek:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Let's say they do guess and they go for a low poke...by the time they react you can instant jump back and down dagger their poke while being able to apply more pressure.

Somberness

Two things...
1) thanks for being interested in skarlet cause it makes it easier to find stuff out
2) how many frames after a backwards jump can you do a down dagger?

When you know your opponent is going to poke out...a down dagger I find works really well to keep them blocking. And respecting reg mix ups.

By the way...I have been using reg dagger cancels in stead of eh dagger cancels for a few reasons:
1) after a few games I have trained my opponents to block making reacting to a reg dagger cancel harder.
2) it saves meter so if they do react on time I can armor through their attempt.

Somberness

Lights
Two things...
1) thanks for being interested in skarlet cause it makes it easier to find stuff out
2) how many frames after a backwards jump can you do a down dagger?
1. No problem.
2. I can't get any lower than after 6, which is odd considering the other dagger you can do after 5. You can do it after 5 on a neutral jump however. It's pretty much impossible to do a down dagger that fast while jumping back so I had to do forward jumps. They should be the same. :oops:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
1. No problem.
2. I can't get any lower than after 6, which is odd considering the other dagger you can do after 5. You can do it after 5 on a neutral jump however. It's pretty much impossible to do a down dagger that fast while jumping back so I had to do forward jumps. They should be the same. :oops:
Ok...so 5 for a neutral jump and 6 for a backward jump.

That's faster than Sonya's dive kick right?

And if done correctly at the earliest possible time, the advantage on hit is +25 right? Is that enough time to land and get the f212 1+2? Or is it +25 minus the duration of the air dagger?

Somberness

Lights
Ok...so 5 for a neutral jump and 6 for a backward jump.

That's faster than Sonya's dive kick right?

And if done correctly at the earliest possible time, the advantage on hit is +25 right? Is that enough time to land and get the f212 1+2? Or is it +25 minus the duration of the air dagger?
Neutral jump is faster than hers but not the diagonal.
It depends where on the body the dagger hits, for the most advantage you want to hit them at feet level (because the dagger hits later). But yeah, +25 is the pretty much the maximum you will get while that close.

AssassiN

Noob
This made me think about something, combining this tech with tech from Eddy Wang.
Guess you could call it the Red Wang tech.

The cancel advantage for F+2,1,2,1+2 is +25, if you do a whiffed EX dagger cancel it will take 18 frames.
This leaves you at +7 frame advantage, if you do a backwards dash cancel into a F4 this will give you some distance for pokes and makes your F4 a 6 frame move.
This is handy against people who know Skarlet enough that they'll duck to try and poke out, the F4 will catch them granting you a free hitconfirmable combo with the ability to build 30-40% of your meter back.
The only thing they can do to counter is use an armored EX special move.

Any good?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This made me think about something, combining this tech with tech from Eddy Wang.

The cancel advantage for F+2,1,2,1+2 is +25, if you do a whiffed EX dagger cancel it will take 18 frames.
This leaves you at +7 frame advantage, if you do a backwards dash cancel into a F4 this will give you some distance for pokes and makes your F4 a 6 frame move.
This is handy against people who know Skarlet enough that they'll duck to try and poke out, the F4 will catch them granting you a free hitconfirmable combo with the ability to build 30-40% of your meter back.

Any good?
It sounds legit

ryublaze

Noob

Any good?
Red Wang tech sounds funny lol.

I'm not a big fan of giving up a bar of meter for a F4 check. If they block it, all you really gained was an extra blocked hit and lost a bar of meter. They can also armor out like you said. I haven't tested it yet though so it could actually be a really good 50/50. I see it as medium risk/high reward, which could be a great tool for Skarlet.

Johnny2d

Red Wang tech sounds funny lol.

I'm not a big fan of giving up a bar of meter for a F4 check. If they block it, all you really gained was an extra blocked hit and lost a bar of meter. They can also armor out like you said. I haven't tested it yet though so it could actually be a really good 50/50. I see it as medium risk/high reward, which could be a great tool for Skarlet.
I will use it just so I can let people know they got beat by red wang tech.

AssassiN

Noob
Or you can jump if you read their poke/armored ex move into another block string or punish.
Or you can backdash into a B11F4, will still hit and has a 7 frame start-up.