What's new

New Ranking System

MORDECA1

Noob
I got to play Tekken 7 for the first time off Xbox Game Pass. I like how their ranking system works on a character by character basis; meaning that your Scorpion, Sub Zero, etc. all progress towards Elder God Ranks independently of one another. It makes me more willing to try out a wider variety of characters. You start to rank up into sweaty tryhard matches too much and you can do it over with a new character till you plateau out again. I think that Tekken 7's idea is ingenious and I would love it if it was adapter to MK11.

DeftMonk

Noob
mk11 rank resets every season. It also only takes like 25 minutes to pick up a character in mk11 and have a decent knowledge of how to play them.

MORDECA1

Noob
mk11 rank resets every season. It also only takes like 25 minutes to pick up a character in mk11 and have a decent knowledge of how to play them.
I know MK11 rank resets every season. That was the motivation behind me making my request...

DeftMonk

Noob
I know MK11 rank resets every season. That was the motivation behind me making my request...
Well who knows what could happen maybe someone at nrs will hear ya. But the fact rank resets every season (extremely short seasons) would be horrible for god rank players to have 20 smurf accounts to fool around on (characters other than their main that are still kombatant)

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Yeah, definitely prefer Tekkens ranking over this reset every month crap. Since they wanna do these KL only skins for certain characters, they could have a rotation every month for a set of characters that if you reach a certain rank with them, you can earn said characters special skins.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
In the broad sense I like having ranks being character driven. SC6 also does it. There is a need to take your potential and apply that so you don't start at zero if you happen to be better than most people after hour 1, but seems like the games that do this like raise your baseline rank or feed you extra rank points to get you moving quicker.

For MK11, IDK if it matters too much. I feel like I can put up a decent fight pretty quickly with a new character, and you have to prove yourself each time. There are also lots of ways to train up a character outside of ranking too.

Trying to play at your max rank in a lot of other games (like Tekken) it's much harder to function with a new character so it's really great to not have to look like a noob while learning.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here is a few ideas.

Hide W/L ratio during KL search
Allow players to decline matches from players who are ranks below you current rank despite them having a ping bellow 151ms.

Then we all can play this game