What's new

New Quan Tricks?

I love Quan Chi he's underrated and an absolute beast once he gets momentum.

That being said I've be having issues of late. It seems that once folks know what Quan's about they end up stuff all my mix-ups back in my face! Quan's overhead telegraphs so badly that I've actually gotten stuffed out of it. Add this to the FUZZY blocking issues and you have a game that entire turns to spew in my lap. *ahem*

So I was wondering does anyone have any new tricks with Quan Chi?

I was considering the following

[4] - this standing kick gives you loads and loads of advantage but places the opponent slightly farther from Quan than [1,1+ SkyD]. This means that Quan will have to dash to get back into the opponents face. So RuneTraps are not advised. Rushing in to do [b3,1+2] or [u3] is also dangerous do to the proximity- this all can be remedied with a crossover jumppunch; but if the opponent is anticipating such things you'll get wrecked- with a fist in the jaw or worse. However there is [f1,2,1+2]...the interesting thing about this is (if i remember correctly) that the first punch will wiff but the second punch will hit low. If your opponent sees the wiff they may be encouraged to try to poke you- just to get hit low by the second punch. OR one could use a midrange ExRune, who knows might be usefully might not.

[1,1+SkyWiff] - the typical stagger string with a twist! It doesn't stagger! My assumption is that if you get them with 1,1 and then skydrop behind them you'll have the advantage. This goes on the further assumption that their blocking while your hitting them hoping that you'll mistime something. While you drop behind them they'll be like "OMG he wiffed! I'm going to punish him!" to which your like "Haha I have the advantage because your coming out of block while I [b3,1+2] or [2,1+ExRune/ExCrunchy]

[Tranced Opponent] [2,1+ExCrunchy] [Skely Boost] - possibly the most viable usage of the Skely Boost. While your opponent staggers like a madman you get space and time to through up a Boost. But the Boost does something as well- it opens up your opponent. The last thing the opponent wants is you healing or trolling around with a power boost. Be warned this always leaves you open to mistakes if your too aggressive or too turtly.

These situation your playing mind games with the advantage, dangerous stuff but hey, it may actually work? Right?

Let me know what you all think!

elamit

Noob
[1,1+SkyWiff] - the typical stagger string with a twist! It doesn't stagger! My assumption is that if you get them with 1,1 and then skydrop behind them you'll have the advantage. This goes on the further assumption that their blocking while your hitting them hoping that you'll mistime something. While you drop behind them they'll be like "OMG he wiffed! I'm going to punish him!" to which your like "Haha I have the advantage because your coming out of block while I [b3,1+2] or [2,1+ExRune/ExCrunchy]
I like this idea. I will try it out in pratice mode.
I found it to be interesting that you can get a FREE throw out of 1,1 + skydrop [staggers] . Currently experiementing with it, but
there is tremendous room for mixups there. You condition them to try and duck or jump.
Don't become predictable tho or you will keep getting stuffed.

I love Quan Chi he's underrated and an absolute beast once he gets momentum.

That being said I've be having issues of late. It seems that once folks know what Quan's about they end up stuff all my mix-ups back in my face! Quan's overhead telegraphs so badly that I've actually gotten stuffed out of it. Add this to the FUZZY blocking issues and you have a game that entire turns to spew in my lap. *ahem*

So I was wondering does anyone have any new tricks with Quan Chi?

I was considering the following

[4] - this standing kick gives you loads and loads of advantage but places the opponent slightly farther from Quan than [1,1+ SkyD]. This means that Quan will have to dash to get back into the opponents face. So RuneTraps are not advised. Rushing in to do [b3,1+2] or [u3] is also dangerous do to the proximity- this all can be remedied with a crossover jumppunch; but if the opponent is anticipating such things you'll get wrecked- with a fist in the jaw or worse. However there is [f1,2,1+2]...the interesting thing about this is (if i remember correctly) that the first punch will wiff but the second punch will hit low. If your opponent sees the wiff they may be encouraged to try to poke you- just to get hit low by the second punch. OR one could use a midrange ExRune, who knows might be usefully might not.

[Tranced Opponent] [2,1+ExCrunchy] [Skely Boost] - possibly the most viable usage of the Skely Boost. While your opponent staggers like a madman you get space and time to through up a Boost. But the Boost does something as well- it opens up your opponent. The last thing the opponent wants is you healing or trolling around with a power boost. Be warned this always leaves you open to mistakes if your too aggressive or too turtly.

These situation your playing mind games with the advantage, dangerous stuff but hey, it may actually work? Right?

Let me know what you all think!
for your first suggestion your opponent has enough time to jump/attack before you jump/dash in to them (no safe jump)

second suggestion..you cant 11 sky drop whiff behind them, the stagger from 11 causes them to get hit by the skydrop whiff behind. if you sky drop whiff in front there is too much space from the 11 stagger to dash in and do anything. You could do 21 skydrop whiff, but why not take the extra damage and stun from the sky drop?

3rd one, the opponent has enough time to dash in and punish you for doing the skeletal boost after the exrune.. you could do 12 exskull then skeletal boost or take the safe jump from the exskull.

---I like that your trying to contribute but all of these techniques you have listed aren't traps and any good player will get out of every single one, possibly punishing you as well. Just go with the exskull safe jump, exrune traps and the advantage from 11skydrop for a combo ender.