What's new

Question - D'Vorah New Player

Hi,
I just recently picked up this game and I am new to the fighting genre.

I have no idea what I am doing. I am currently just practicing D'Vorah in training mode trying to land combos I've found online but I cannot get them to connect no matter what I do D:

I've looked into some youtube videos but I got no idea what I'm doing.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
It's hard to really say what your doing wrong just keep messing with the timing you could be going too slow, too fast, not knowing when to juggle, etc. go for simple combos, you might be looking at optimal combos which can be tough for beginners. Also in the controller setup make sure everything except input shortcuts is turned off that might be your problem as well.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What combos are you trying to do.

If you are new to FGs then stay away from swarm queen, as her execution is hard for FG veterans. Venomous would be best since her combos into restands are easy and her gameplan is simple(r).

As Zoidberg already said use her venomous variation: if you just began to play you'll need to hit the lab (and if you're new to fighting games you'll need to hit the lab A LOT, but trust me it will pay off). There's no need to rush to her hardest combos just understand her best moves and what they do and learn some basic combos like:
F22xxDF1 (overhead restand your opponent)
212 F44 run grab ( should be pretty easy and does 28%)
B1xxDF1 (low restands your opponent)

Always remember that D4 is your friend.

Currently I'm working on landing F 3, 4 , 1, F 4, 4 , X ray with more success. I think I can only land that about 1/5 times.

I'm also trying F4, 4, F3, 4, 1 1 F2 BD4. My success rate for this one is like 0% D: I can chain the 2nd part 90% of the time but I can't seem to land the full string.

Did you mean F44 F34 112xxDB4? If so try F44 F44 run grab since it does more damage and it's easier (F44 run F44 run F44xx DB4 does even more but it might be a bit too difficult).

You mentioned restand. I think I know what it means, but what is it used for? Continuing a combo or doing a follow up combo is my best guess.

Is preforming a restand superior to a knock down? Or is it based on the situation?