What's new

New MKX details: 300 testers, Quan Chi's part in MKX may be to resurrect the dead, no reveal for PSE

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Is any one else suspicious that both Reo and Tom Brady were missing at NEC and that I happen to have made an excuse as to why I'm not at NEC? Hmmmmmmmmm

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How are you going to explain the game taking place in the future in story mode?
"At the beginning of the game we do one of those 'Hey, remember what happened and then jump to the future" kind of moments. A lot of people die.

FUCK.

That's a freaking serious anti-reveal, not even a de-confirm, it's just letting us know that not only did a lot of the characters we like get demolished in MK9, a few more get wrecked before MKX's main story even takes off.

Damn it.

I wonder who's getting shafted.

Sheeva I always liked you more than the other girls, Baraka you will always be in my heart.

R.I.P. in pepperonis you will be missed:

I don't understand how people are glossing over this off-handed comment because it basically means anyone who is a minor character that didn't die in MK9, or more than likely worked for Kahn directly and loyally(Goro, Kintaro, Reptile, Sheeva, Baraka, Mileena, Ermac) and have a stake in the Outworld throne will probably get bodied by Kotal + his goons and get sent to the nether realm.

Mileena is literally the last of the Shao bloodline and would be queen in this new timeline, this reveal that characters actually die between MK9 and the start of MKX, and Kotal existing as the ruler of Outworld logically confirms that she got axed.

Unless Kotal is into some freaky shit and married her.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Expect huge leaks with that many testers, but expect a huge game as well.
It's actually fairly standard for a big-ticket game. Injustice had a bajillion testers too, split across (3?) different companies in different locations in the world. You just never hear about most of them (unless you read the Credits, which I usually do).

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
FUCK.

That's a freaking serious anti-reveal, not even a de-confirm, it's just letting us know that not only did a lot of the characters we like get demolished in MK9, a few more get wrecked before MKX's main story even takes off.

Damn it.

I wonder who's getting shafted.

Sheeva I always liked you more than the other girls, Baraka you will always be in my heart.

R.I.P. in pepperonis you will be missed:

I don't understand how people are glossing over this off-handed comment because it basically means anyone who is a minor character that didn't die in MK9, or more than likely worked for Kahn directly and loyally(Goro, Kintaro, Reptile, Sheeva, Baraka, Mileena, Ermac) and have a stake in the Outworld throne will probably get bodied by Kotal + his goons and get sent to the nether realm.

Mileena is literally the last of the Shao bloodline and would be queen in this new timeline, this reveal that characters actually die between MK9 and the start of MKX, and Kotal existing as the ruler of Outworld logically confirms that she got axed.

Unless Kotal is into some freaky shit and married her.

If it makes you feel better, goro's alive, and playable.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

If it makes you feel better, goro's alive, and playable.
He might not be alive in the story, and is pre-order DLC because of this.

It's been revealed that he's going to be beaten by Kotal Kahn on sun steroids in the comic that is a story prequel to the game.

Kotal Kahn doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't brutally murder his enemies in a sacrifice to appease those who grant him power via blood.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
He might not be alive in the story, and is pre-order DLC because of this.

It's been revealed that he's going to be beaten by Kotal Kahn on sun steroids in the comic that is a story prequel to the game.

Kotal Kahn doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't brutally murder his enemies in a sacrifice to appease those who grant him power via blood.
Well if it makes you feel better, you can avenge his death in game.

Is any one else suspicious that both Reo and Tom Brady were missing at NEC and that I happen to have made an excuse as to why I'm not at NEC? Hmmmmmmmmm
kabal sub zero and guest character flash confirmed!
EDIT:cant believe i forgot sub zero was already in this game

Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are the only two characters I can see being brought back as revenants. Maybe Kitana seeing as how she holds some kind of significance in terms of plot, but yeah, I'm still adamant that having Zombie Jax/Smoke/Jade/Stryker/Kabal/Nightwolf/Kung Lao/whoever else died would be stupid.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn 300 is a lot. That's cool though and liking the Quan Chi leaks. I just hope Ermac and Fujin make it some how, wouldn't be surprised if one of them is DLC even....

I want to see someone resurrected with all their memories and overall the same but perhaps little darker once they found out how they got back. They really should give Raiden the ability to do so too, he did it to Liu Kang originally in Deception using him as a killer essentially lol.