What's new

New Mileena Corner Tech

I usually like ending my corner combos in 4~ground sai and baiting the wake up or just do U+4 when they lay grounded. Sometimes it hits them and I get another combo or they block it and I use that +9 for pressure. If they wake up I bait and punish the wake up. Also sometimes do B+3~ex roll when they lay grounded. Its riskier but the B+3 hits them when their grounded. Just a better corner option IMO if your trying to be risky.

This tech seems more like a trick rather than a legit tactic. I probably wont add it to my game but other Mileena players can add it could work sometimes if the player doesnt know what to do.
I use those too, its just nice to mix it up sometimes. Using up+4 is just as risky as this though(and this is really only risky in the right corner), seeing as you could read them wrong.

Finally posted this, Huh? How you been man? Long time no see
Yeah haha finally found the time. I've been good. You need to come out to sm sometime if you can, I miss eating spear combos. (Did I really just type that? lol)

Marvaz

come at me
Ok i see u stepped back b4 the b1 4. ALso you can use f3 same concept. Any charcter in the game can do this. They need a advancing string off a splatted opponet. What Death said explains what this concept is.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
It does not. That's actually how I found this. I was trying to come up with some odd sort of ghetto reset and found this instead.
sorry u replied before i edited my other post,1st one was a little unclear to what i meant..
i know that the 4 of B1,4 cant OTG the splat animation but after the splat animation is over and the opp as ended his "lay down" state instead of rolling would the 4 OTG or would it be too late?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I use those too, its just nice to mix it up sometimes. Using up+4 is just as risky as this though(and this is really only risky in the right corner), seeing as you could read them wrong.

Yeah haha finally found the time. I've been good. You need to come out to sm sometime if you can, I miss eating spear combos. (Did I really just type that? lol)
I'm trying to find the time., the band has me busy as hell. Really going to try and come on sunday though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ok i see u stepped back b4 the b1 4. ALso you can use f3 same concept. Any charcter in the game can do this. They need a advancing string off a splatted opponet. What Death said explains what this concept is.
The back-dash is the key. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. I can see how if they're grounded they'd get out if you don't back-dash.
I'd assume it would depend on how many frames - you are on whiff for how effective this would be. It seems to work quite well with back1+4. No idea about other characters.

I'm trying to find the time., the band has me busy as hell. Really going to try and come on sunday though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I can't make it this Sunday.

sorry u replied before i edited my other post,1st one was a little unclear to what i meant..
i know that the 4 of B1,4 cant OTG the splat animation but after the splat animation is over and the opp as ended his "lay down" state instead of rolling would the 4 OTG or would it be too late?
I honestly don't know... That'd be interesting if it did. Anyone mind testing this for me? Its difficult seeing as I have no one to test it with at the moment.

I'm going to start testing this on ALL character's wakeups to see how it affects them. If anyone wants to help, please do.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I'm going to start testing this on ALL character's wakeups to see how it affects them. If anyone wants to help, please do.
Theres alot of people questioning this saying the opponent can just lay down. I dont ever use it, but is their enough spacing in this setup to stab them with the ground sai if they just lay there?

Theres alot of people questioning this saying the opponent can just lay down. I dont ever use it, but is their enough spacing in this setup to stab them with the ground sai if they just lay there?
If the opponent just lays down, then they're stuck in the corner. Now normally they would get out free, but due to the back dash before the back1+4, they do not. I have not tested the ground sai, thank you for pointing that out!

So if I lay there... and wakeup in between the hits...

basically a delayed wakeup attack?
I'm pretty sure in that case the back1+4 will pick you up off the ground. I can't test this by myself sadly.

EDIT: If the opponent delays the wakeup attack, it can be blocked.

EDIT 2: If you wakeup between hits, this still works. Due to the splat, that's the earliest you can wakeup.

Not really an untechable knockdown if the opponent can tech roll.

"Delayed" wake up attack also won't have invincibility frames. Might as well call it delayed wake up into a special.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
( not to stray away from topic but im total going to stray away from the topic ) finally posted? whats up man? have you been going out to salt mine? i need to start going again
FYI i already knew about this but had to finish the video for the song

( not to stray away from topic but im total going to stray away from the topic ) finally posted? whats up man? have you been going out to salt mine? i need to start going again
FYI i already knew about this but had to finish the video for the song
Haven't been in awhile due to work and my truck breaking down. I can't make it out this weekend but next weekend I should be able to. That song never gets old. ;)

Not really an untechable knockdown if the opponent can tech roll.

"Delayed" wake up attack also won't have invincibility frames. Might as well call it delayed wake up into a special.
I guess we'll just call it a splat then? Because it isn't a normal knockdown. And... delayed wake up into a special works too. Whatever floats your boat. :)

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
I figured this was it when I originally saw your status about new tech. I find it really odd that it works differently depending on which corner you're in.

I figured this was it when I originally saw your status about new tech. I find it really odd that it works differently depending on which corner you're in.
And depending on what character you're up against. So far I've found that it blows up Raiden and Cage, but Sub and Kung Lao blow it up. And it only partially blows up Liu Kang and Scorpion. What the actual fuck.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
The left corner of this game is a solid wall compared to the one on the right where shit goes through each other. Raiden has pretty much the same thing but a little more fucked up, if he teleports and holds backyou still go into the corner has he regains corner pressure and can punish alot of wakeups.

The left corner of this game is a solid wall compared to the one on the right where shit goes through each other. Raiden has pretty much the same thing but a little more fucked up, if he teleports and holds backyou still go into the corner has he regains corner pressure and can punish alot of wakeups.
That's really interesting. Raiden keeps you in the corner on wakeup even in the left corner?