What's new

New Mad Catz MLG Xbox 360 and PS3 Controllers!

New Mad Catz X MLG Xbox 360 and PS3 Controllers!

Major League Gaming in partnership with Mad Catz Inc., is bringing you these brand new sleek looking controllers for the console of your choice. Designed with the competitive player in mind, the controller features the newly designed Mad Catz 'ProModule' system. What does that mean for you? It means you can swap out ANY of the D-Pads between PS3/360 and Joy Sticks to fit your needs on either system.

This is great for a FG, player and from the looks of it, this controller looks awesome. But enough talk, check it out yourself!

Oh yeah if you didn't already pass out from this news, there is a MLG X Mad Catz TE stick on the way too. So keep your eyes peeled.

http://kotaku.com/5833385/mad-catzs-major-league-gaming-controllers-can-change-the-way-you-play

~Angry African-American woman voice~
A hundreh en fidi dolla?!??!? Girl you muss be craizy!

But seriously..Looks cool, has a good design, and a little bit over-the-top price.
I for one wouldn't buy it, but if I were extremely competitive(and a pad player) I would definitely consider it.
Can't wait to see what the TE looks like. :)
~Hound.

leek

Noob
It means you can swap out ANY of the D-Pads between PS3/360
Didn't the new xbox controller have something like that, and as a result broke within a few months or popped off or something?

I think I'd want it but at 160$ because of the MLG sticker on it, I don't think I want..

It had a rotating D-Pad, and that controller was not all that great. I'm looking forward to it. The price is steep though. But than again, people pay insane amounts for a Fight Stick, and this is good for overall gaming IMO.

Raiman

Noob
are both the controllers 160 or 160 for each. so if i wanted to have the 360 controller and replace the pad with the ps3 pad i would have to pay 320 bucks just to do that? i'll just stick to a converter for 15 bucks

are both the controllers 160 or 160 for each. so if i wanted to have the 360 controller and replace the pad with the ps3 pad i would have to pay 320 bucks just to do that? i'll just stick to a converter for 15 bucks
Read the article, Lol. Actually I'm not to sure if the controller is 160, because the link at the bottom takes you to a Gameshark page that is selling MLG TEs Sticks for 160.

No, you don't have to buy 2 controllers. They're going to sell, the peripheral separate for each controller, comes in various colors and textures. Think of it as Kombat Panel for TEs.

Raiman

Noob
Read the article, Lol. Actually I'm not to sure if the controller is 160, because the link at the bottom takes you to a Gameshark page that is selling MLG TEs Sticks for 160.

No, you don't have to buy 2 controllers. They're going to sell, the peripheral separate for each controller, comes in various colors and textures. Think of it as Kombat Panel for TEs.
oh i didnt know they were saying the controller was 160. so the price is unknown and you could buy the ps3 pad seperate and attach it to the 360 one, in that case the only thing that would stop me from buying this would be an insane price. anxious to see what they end up charging

Well, rest assured it's confirmed to not be $160.

So we can assume it's something lower, and what ever controller you buy it comes with the opposite consoles Joy Sticks and D-Pads. :). So no extra charge.

Altaire

Noob
Holy fuck, this looks great. I especially like the idea of customizable D-pads and analogs, and the faceplate swapping will be neat just for the sake of personalization. I'm definitely going to be looking at one of these.

Yes you can place the Joy Sticks and D-Pads any where you want from the Demo I've seen.

You can place a PS3/360 D-Pad on the Left Joy Stick and make your 360 controller have the analogs on the bottom.

You can simulate a 360 controller for the PS3 or vice versa, not to mention Mad Catz is providing various colors, textures and other things to make the controller as customize to the extent of a TE Stick.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes you can place the Joy Sticks and D-Pads any where you want from the Demo I've seen.

You can place a PS3/360 D-Pad on the Left Joy Stick and make your 360 controller have the analogs on the bottom.

You can simulate a 360 controller for the PS3 or vice versa, not to mention Mad Catz is providing various colors, textures and other things to make the controller as customize to the extent of a TE Stick.
yay!! Finally a viable pad for FPS on the PS3 lmao :)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Controller is only supposed to be about 100 bucks, the 160 is for the MLG arcade stick.

The controllers will also feature detachable cords and no slow turn joy sticks. Which is important for FPS games. If the controllers can have parts bought online and repairs similar to Astro products then a high price tag will be worth it.

Altaire

Noob
so can i get a 360 styled pad for the PS3?
YOU SURE CAN!

...Though I'm not too sure why you'd want to do that! Anyway, I think peripherals are universal, since they mentioned that Madcatz is going to sell additional analogs/d-pads. You should be able to mix and match, or use something completely different if you can find it (I'm holding out hope for a Genesis style D-pad). Now, if only they'd sell different button sets...