What's new

New Kombat from Earth Realm (york Pa)

New here from York, PA. My name is Chris and like most of you fell in love with Mortal Kombat when I first saw it at my local bowling alley arcade and saw sub zero rip sonyas head off.I have loved it ever since and I own most of the MK games on various platforms. There was a period of time basically from MK Armageddon to the most recent MK release where I stopped playing. The 3d graphics and new characters killed it for me. I am very happy to see Mk 9 has pretty much went back to it's roots and like that game a lot. A few weeks ago, I found an MK2 cabinet in pretty good shape for $500 locally. I have always dreamed of owning an actual MK arcade machine. For some reason even though I loved the system ports of the game, the arcades always seemed better. More blood, better sound fx and I loved the joystick layout.

Well I snatched up this mk2 machine and started fixing small minor things that were wrong. The test and service credits buttons did not work due to the wiring being installed in the connectors wrong and I installed 3 new locks as all the keys were gone. I touched up the side of the cabinet and buffed the control panel plexiglass.

I later heard of people putting mk, mk2, mk3 and mk4 in a single cabinet. I would love to do this as I don't have the room for all seperate arcade machines. I have already started getting my supplies ready. I have an mk1 pcb and sound board with no wiring, I bought a broken MKU pcb and am in the process of trying to repair it. When I first got it, it didn't do anything. I have since gotten it to show a picture on the screen and I can see on of the roms in bad and it is missing three sound boards that solder onto the board. I plan on putting them in my mk2 cabinet via a 6 in 1 switcher. I have gotten other various supplies on order. I hope to get some help for help on doing my swap and make new friends here. I have also bought a MK3 control panel with buttons and cut it down to fit in my cabinet that way I have a run button installed and I don't have to drill into my flawless mk2 control panel. I plan on having custom marquee and control panel overlay installed saying Mortal Kombat Kollection. I may add MK4 at some time but not right now as that isn't my favorite.

I have xbox 360 live and my gamertag is My tango sucka. Here is a video of my MK2 cabinet if anyone is interested.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
My fiance would probably play one round and quit forever after that. lol

Ironically, Zaq is the one that talked me out of buying an arcade machine in the first place. But I wouldn't have any real use for it since I don't know anyone in the area that plays, or have time to show them.

Cool video.

Yea I was trying to tell her the special moves after I made the video. She beat the first person and than died lol. She is a button masher.