What's new

New guy here from Birmingham, AL

siv0r

Noob
I've been a lifelong fan of the MK series, playing the original as a second grader and kicking ass in the arcades even when people were way older than me. I absolutely loved the series up until the weirder 3D games came along, after which I sort of forgot about it for a while.

When I bought the new MK game, I played for 4 hours straight, giggling like an idiot--the timing, the combos, the specials--it all felt like such a perfect evolution from MK1-4, skipping all the things that happened in between.

At any rate, I love the game, and I've completely exhausted competition against the computer. I do ladder expert to warm up, but it's not that challenging anymore, and I don't have any real life friends who play this game. I'm eager to find people online to fight--I've played a few matches (a little under 100) online and I have to say the lag is a little off-putting (millisecond timing can make a big difference) but it's still fun. I'd love to have some friends to play with on a regular basis, and I've really enjoyed the commentary and advice I've found here while lurking, so I thought I'd join.

I'm siv0r on XBox Live, just like I am here. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!