What's new

Tech - Ethereal New Ethereal Mileena Anti Wake Up Tech??

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
Ok so I've been practicing with ethereal switching from piercing and I've heard people complain that she can't stuff wake ups consistently with her F12B4 in any other variation besides piercing and I think I've found a way around it in ethereal? Idk if this has already been discovered but I'll just let the videos explain. Granted this does cost 1 bar.

This may be stopped with a wake up grab and once more I do not know if someone has already discovered this but yeah let me know what you think

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I've heard people complain that she can't stuff wake ups consistently with her F12B4 in any other variation besides piercing.
Firstly whoever said that needs to practice more. Because F1 in Ravenous and Ethereal is faster the timing is different compared to Piercing's F1. It can reliably stuff wakeups just as well as Piercing except a select few.

In regards to the setup I like it. If you have the resources and make the read I don't see a reason not to use it every now and then

Sami

Noob
This may be stopped with a wake up grab and once more I do not know if someone has already discovered this but yeah let me know what you think
This was my first thought as well - assuming they didn't fix fade to be grab-immune when hidden then this could be very dangerous for her.

The other option might be to to just use EX fade to appear on the other side of them - most wake up moves will end up going the wrong way (including throws if you're quick enough) and you can punish with whatever. I don't know if ex fade towards has increased recovery though. This also creates the situation where if you do it slightly earlier then you might end up reversing the opponent's wake-up inputs (i.e. f becomes b and vice-versa) which adds to the mind games.

Jolt

Uprise
I actually considered this idea when I realized f1 could be cancelled into any EX special ON WHIFF (I still feel like this could be a bug, truthfully lol). Ultimately, I personally decided it was a little impractical for MY tastes. Between f1 and standing 3, armor breaking is generally very little trouble for Mileena without spending a bar.

For spending a bar, EX fade towards seems to just be easier.

I'm glad you included some videos of setups that I didn't think of though!

The UP side to this setup (because I don't like to be a downer ALL the time) is that seeing the f1 startup MIGHT bait certain wakeups that someone might not have decided to use otherwise.

I give it a thumbs up, but we need negativity to keep everyone in check :D

This was my first thought as well - assuming they didn't fix fade to be grab-immune when hidden then this could be very dangerous for her.

The other option might be to to just use EX fade to appear on the other side of them - most wake up moves will end up going the wrong way (including throws if you're quick enough) and you can punish with whatever. I don't know if ex fade towards has increased recovery though. This also creates the situation where if you do it slightly earlier then you might end up reversing the opponent's wake-up inputs (i.e. f becomes b and vice-versa) which adds to the mind games.
EX Fade recovers almost right away. Throws really don't beat it consistently, if at all, unless you delay the fade.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Firstly whoever said that needs to practice more. Because F1 in Ravenous and Ethereal is faster the timing is different compared to Piercing's F1. /QUOTE]
Some wakeups are much harder to stuff in ravenous and Ethereal because certain wakeups low profile it. I don't even think it's possible to stuff reptile's ex slide.

Ok so I've been practicing with ethereal switching from piercing and I've heard people complain that she can't stuff wake ups consistently with her F12B4 in any other variation besides piercing and I think I've found a way around it in ethereal? Idk if this has already been discovered but I'll just let the videos explain. Granted this does cost 1 bar.
I respect the effort and I like the idea. The only thing is, the are very few places where this would be better than just doing F12 normally, or doing Run ~ EX Fade. But I guess there's no harm in using this if it's easier for people to time Fade.

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
I respect the effort and I like the idea. The only thing is, the are very few places where this would be better than just doing F12 normally, or doing Run ~ EX Fade. But I guess there's no harm in using this if it's easier for people to time Fade.
The only problem I have with run up fade is that on wake ups like sub zeros slide and reptiles with go through you and let them go full screen where if you do F1 ex fade it stops and you get a true punish while if the F1 hits you get a full combo f12 can be a little too inconsistent for me

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I actually considered this idea when I realized f1 could be cancelled into any EX special ON WHIFF (I still feel like this could be a bug, truthfully lol). Ultimately, I personally decided it was a little impractical for MY tastes. Between f1 and standing 3, armor breaking is generally very little trouble for Mileena without spending a bar.

For spending a bar, EX fade towards seems to just be easier.

I'm glad you included some videos of setups that I didn't think of though!

The UP side to this setup (because I don't like to be a downer ALL the time) is that seeing the f1 startup MIGHT bait certain wakeups that someone might not have decided to use otherwise.

I give it a thumbs up, but we need negativity to keep everyone in check :D
the main reason f1 is decent with this setup is the whiff bug haha, i use fade forward though

how do u get out of mileena f1 on wakeup? you backdash, which is where the game of b12 to rape said backdashes comes into play but with the f1~ex fade forward if they backdash the ex still cancels as f1 whiffs on your right on top on them/can punish depending on character. pretty funny

The only problem I have with run up fade is that on wake ups like sub zeros slide and reptiles with go through you and let them go full screen where if you do F1 ex fade it stops and you get a true punish while if the F1 hits you get a full combo f12 can be a little too inconsistent for me
True. On slides I can see it being better. You can punish with Telekick if it goes through you, but that'd require another bar to get a combo off.

how do u get out of mileena f1 on wakeup? you backdash, which is where the game of b12 to rape said backdashes comes into play but with the f1~ex fade forward if they backdash the ex still cancels as f1 whiffs on your right on top on them/can punish depending on character. pretty funny
Didn't think of this to be honest. Fade forward in this scenario covers both options.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
@Baconlord You are right. Reptile's Slide is one of the select few wakeups on my list that Rav/Eth F1 can't break. If it can be broken then the window is really small.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
@Baconlord You are right. Reptile's Slide is one of the select few wakeups on my list that Rav/Eth F1 can't break. If it can be broken then the window is really small.
Firstly, really cool tech in general(probably the only tech she ever WILL have....)

Now side note for the window; I've been checking her frame data(breaking it down frame by frame) and some of the in game data is already off (no surprise there). As for breaking armor, her f1 in piercing(I'll check the other later tonight) has a 10f gap between the two hits. I don't think the other variation's f1 has a gap smaller than 5f just by looking at it.

Also, her armor on EXroll starts on the very first frame and active for roughly 10f, from what I could check