What's new

Strategy - Grandmaster New corner combo courtesy of DJ89

It's a about finding a decent damaging combo after b2 in the corner that gives you a safe way to put out the clone afterwards, after the new patch, due to the change in the timer for the clone. The slide ender doesn't give you that.
- me, May 15th. But ok.:coffee:
lmfao !

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Hitting the NJK on the way down is really important now, because if you hit the NJK on the way up the clone will still be on cooldown and you'll b2 when you try to reset the trap.

Reactions: zee

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
Great thread. I personally have been using b2 242 f42 clone because it seems like its the most consistent. Sacrifices about 2% but it works every time.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
not, at least for me anyways. do the combo you have posted and add a standing 1 after the d1 or just do 1 1 b12 and that will give you the time you need for a clone. so either b2 b2 d1 1 b12 clone or b2 b2 1 1 b12 clone is what im working with.

SLEZZY

NOT sleazy
I do b2, 242, f12 for 28%, gives you enough time to set up a clone after even if you put a clone out and started the combo right away. Just make sure to take a half a step back.

George Costanza

The Myth, The Legend
I was in the lab and found a low meterless corner combo that does 46%

Its set up mid clone run in B33 into ice burst then D1, D1, B12, clone, NJP, into JiP1, F33, slide does 46%

I don't know if this helps, I hope it did :) I have been doing it pretty consistently like 95% of the time.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Off a nj p nj k/ hard knock down ender in the corner, half step back, clone leads to ~50% if b2 lands early.

b2, 24 xx shatter, b12 xx clone, njp, njk/ njp, jp, b12 xx slide/ etc.

24 must land as early as possible for shatter to juggle high enough for b12 clone to catch. If it comes out too late, d1 xx clone works too (less consistent though).

Black0hawk

I am the darkness that creeps in the night.
People just want to complain at the moves that are too hard to get by. sub-zero was meant to play like that.
If you cant find a way around some moves just ask.
NRS did not do what they said they were. they jumped the gun too fast on the Sub nerf.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Female characters seem harder to juggle in the corner. Probably a fair trade off since b3,3 xx ice ball works on them mid screen... Anyway I assume the trouble is not being able to freeze with the clone. Use enhanced ice blast instead.

STK

b2 b2 d1 1 b12 klone works on females. There is also d1 d1 as long as you have two jabs in there somewhere. We cant keep posting male only combos in a world full of soyna's, jacqui's, dvorah's and now new hype Tanya's.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I don't think anyone's disputing that clone freeze works on female models. Just noting that the execution is more difficult.

STK

Im not saying it doesnt. I just figured i post a female combo ive been working with. No one seem to post combos that work on everyone just males.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
b2 b2 d1 1 b12 klone works on females. There is also d1 d1 as long as you have two jabs in there somewhere. We cant keep posting male only combos in a world full of soyna's, jacqui's, dvorah's and now new hype Tanya's.
After EXTENSIVE testing, the only one that works with any sort of consistency is B2, B2, D1, 1, B12 Klone.

D1 D1 often missed.

The window of success is tiny, D1 > 1 > B12 clone sets it up better than the rest, but still isn't flawless. Out of 30 reps of landing it however, clone came out 27 times, thats 9/10 success rate.

D1 D1 B12 on the other hand, I was lucky to get 15 out of 30, and struggled to replicate similar.

The good thing about D1 1 B12 is that it only seems to go through if you inputted the timing correctly, whereas other options will go through if you missed the timing a little, all the way to the clone which whiffs. So for practicing muscle meory, D1, 1, B12 is the only way to go.

Its freaking tight as hell though.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'd just like to add to my past comment, that B2, B2, 1, 1, works extremely consistenly on females if you time it right as well, and with further testing, I may have just gotten really lucky or got the grove for D1, 1, as I was much less successful with it today, kept whiffing.

I feel defeated by this female hitbox to be honest.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Seriously for all the times we save meter on females with mid screen b33 xx ice ball, we should really just go for enhanced ice blast in the corner instead of clone if we have the opt. Has anyone noticed this scales better as well?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Seriously for all the times we save meter on females with mid screen b33 xx ice ball, we should really just go for enhanced ice blast in the corner instead of clone if we have the opt. Has anyone noticed this scales better as well?
yep, you get like 2% more damage after using ex ice ball.