What's new

New copies of MK Shaolin Monks PS2 published by Warner Bros.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Been interested in re-buying this game for a while and I noticed a great deal on eBay where there was a seller selling sealed copies for £7 each. You can check here if you're interested, but keep in mind these are PAL copies and will not work on an American/NTSC PS2/1st generation PS3 console: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mortal-Kombat-Shaolin-Monks-Game-PS2-Brand-New-/291143869669?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item43c986e4e5

I assumed it was from left over inventory from when Midway were liquidated. But it's definitely recently printed and there's no mention of Midway anywhere on the boxart, disc or instruction manual.

About to start playing and see if I notice any other oddities. Will report back later with pictures of the box and stuff.

E

Eldriken

Why the hell wasn't this game ever released on PSN/XBLA? Such a drag. :|

I'm not even asking for an HD remake or anything like that. Just port it to the PS3/360 as an Arcade title and let it fly.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why the hell wasn't this game ever released on PSN/XBLA? Such a drag. :|

I'm not even asking for an HD remake or anything like that. Just port it to the PS3/360 as an Arcade title and let it fly.
For what it worth, at least this confirms they acknowledge the IP.

E

Eldriken

For what it worth, at least this confirms they acknowledge the IP.
This is true. Maybe my wish will happen one day. There are alternatives to playing it again, but it's just not worth the effort. :|

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I picked this up a few months ago and was using it on my 60GB OG PS3 before it decided to only read discs when it feels like it :(. If they remake this game please do it for xbone and ps4. I have an issue with buying games for a system that i know won't go online after another 2 yrs (xbox 360) and what ever happens to PSN. Soul Caibur II HD is the last game i will buy for the current consoles from each systems market place.

Also I know this is asking for alot but i remember this game had a VS mode which i thought was kinda fun i just wished it was more like Power Stone for VS mode at times (yeah i liked that crazy BS).

E

Eldriken

I picked this up a few months ago and was using it on my 60GB OG PS3 before it decided to only read discs when it feels like it :(. If they remake this game please do it for xbone and ps4. I have an issue with buying games for a system that i know won't go online after another 2 yrs (xbox 360) and what ever happens to PSN. Soul Caibur II HD is the last game i will buy for the current consoles from each systems market place.

Also I know this is asking for alot but i remember this game had a VS mode which i thought was kinda fun i just wished it was more like Power Stone for VS mode at times (yeah i liked that crazy BS).
If they were to do a One or PS4 release, it probably wouldn't be for another couple years. Why? There aren't nearly as many PS4 or One owners as there are 360 and PS3 users. Now, if they maybe released it for the 360, One, PS3 and PS4, that might work. But from a money making standpoint, it would probably be in their best interest to go with the larger user base.

Just my two cents.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
If they were to do a One or PS4 release, it probably wouldn't be for another couple years. Why? There aren't nearly as many PS4 or One owners as there are 360 and PS3 users. Now, if they maybe released it for the 360, One, PS3 and PS4, that might work. But from a money making standpoint, it would probably be in their best interest to go with the larger user base.

Just my two cents.
I agree would be nice to see it on PC also.