What's new

New-bee to Injustice not to MK

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Hey so I would like to introduce myself, I am darkmoonlight_va and I have recently gotten into injustice but haven't played the demo for myself yet. I have a few questions that I hope some people can help me with and I am so glad to finally join this website after creeping around for a few days. I hope on maining Raven, Catwoman, Batman, and Wonderwoman/Superman and Starfire if she gets in the game.
Anyway my first question was in Injustice, how would one suppose getting adjusted to the guard system? I play fighting games ONLY with guard buttons including Soul Calibur and DOA and I want to make an exception for Injustice, but what is the best way to become accomsted to it?
And second in Injustice who plays most like Soyna or Kitana because I main them both (Kitana preferably).
Thanks so much and I look forward to posting on this fourm more often :D

Greetings, Dark Moonlight (cool username, by the way).
Welcome to this land of knowledge, darkly things, lovable stuff, and yet more knowledge, named TestYourMight.com!

I play MK9 with it's block button-glory, and I have no idea how to get accustomed to the guard system. By my limited experience in being a meaningless casual at SSFIV, it just has to be embedded into your brain that walking backwards is also blocking.

When I:GAU comes out, you can try everyone out for yourself. I don't think we have a solid conclusion on who plays most like certain characters of MK9.

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Greetings, Dark Moonlight (cool username, by the way).
Welcome to this land of knowledge, darkly things, lovable stuff, and yet more knowledge, named TestYourMight.com!

I play MK9 with it's block button-glory, and I have no idea how to get accustomed to the guard system. By my limited experience in being a meaningless casual at SSFIV, it just has to be embedded into your brain that walking backwards is also blocking.

When I:GAU comes out, you can try everyone out for yourself. I don't think we have a solid conclusion on who plays most like certain characters of MK9.
Thank you so much :DD. And I don't know why it is but holding back feels strange to me :p

No problem.

It is because you have never walked away to block attacks. You have always held a dedicated button down, so using the button corresponding to walking backwards is weird.