What's new

General/Other - Venomous New and Improved Venomous D'Vorah Buffs Explained

Skedar70

Noob
I don't use Dvorah. I was planning on using her and this variation even before the patch. So I wanna know how the Venom stacking works. Is it stacking all the venom attacks you can make in a 5 second period? Does the stacking get reset if they block? Is it reset if you hit with something not venomous?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The only time stacked damage is going to be insane is when you play against that guy who never blocks.

I don't think anyone would notice the difference if this stayed for months then got patched. Very very very rarely is the stacking going to go THAT far over what it was before. Fun to do in training mode though.
Yea, she can get 40% meterless in the corner now :)

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Yea, she can get 40% meterless in the corner now :)
I think most of that has to do with the extra venom ticks from more venom normals in a combo, and only a little to do with the increased stacking. Could be wrong, but if I'm right then I'm pretty sure she will only lose 2%~(rounded up) on the 212 40%er when they fix the bug. Others might get hit harder. Hard to figure out all the exact numbers out with the venom now and how it works compared to before, but I think I'm close. I should probably write this shit down instead of doing it in my head though.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
These buffs are going to make me look into playing Venomous even more, I was pretty high on the variation even before the patch.

Hmm, either they raised or the limit or it is indeed a bug that will fixed with the other stuff
The highest tick I've ever gotten was 32%, not sure if they altered something but that was earlier today after the patch. Was pretty crazy to see lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I don't use Dvorah. I was planning on using her and this variation even before the patch. So I wanna know how the Venom stacking works. Is it stacking all the venom attacks you can make in a 5 second period? Does the stacking get reset if they block? Is it reset if you hit with something not venomous?
It stacks all the venom attacks you make for 5 real time seconds. It does not reset if they block, the ticks will just go and no it will not reset if you hit them with something else

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
These buffs are going to make me look into playing Venomous even more, I was pretty high on the variation even before the patch.

The highest tick I've ever gotten was 32%, not sure if they altered something but that was earlier today after the patch. Was pretty crazy to see lol
Yea that's a bug, it's not suppose to go above 20%

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
@HoneyBee
Thanks for the tag, my Canadian King! Yasssss HoneyBee, YAAAASSSSSSSSS!

I have always loved and preferred Venomous over SQ, but like most other D'vorah mains, I just gravitated to the superior variation.

I played all Venomous last night and she is DEF stronger. The faster spray is divine. You can AA and break armor with the spray. F22~spray is much better now, as well as F112 spray in the corner.

If you can space and play footsies well, Venomous will suit you just fine. Absolutley tourny viable variation. ;)

Heck yeah! Just went and played some online matches. It is so nice that they can no longer take the 2nd and/or 3rd hit of F112 and get out of the ex spray trap. That is what annoyed me most about Venemous D'Vorah. Its also nice that there are less gaps in her spray traps so they can't armor through as easily. Venemous is much funner to play now.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Super informative. I'm one of the few idiots who stuck with the variation up til now, and the video pointed out many relevant things for gameplay. Thanks B!

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
my damage stack from spamming d3 was around 33% i was tripping the fuck out last night in practice