What's new

Negative Edge and how to make it your friend

DARKazen

Noob
I'm sure all the more experienced users already know of this trick, so I'm really just putting this out there for general knowledge and for all the newcomers;

If you find yourself constantly screwing up a combo because of negative edge, the trick around it is to continue holding the button until you've entered the input for the special move you wanted.

For example: I want to do d2xxScatter Bomb with Nightwing, but every time I try and get the timing right, it cancels into Ground Spark instead. So when entering the combo, I will press d2 and hold the 2, and then input the back and 1, and then let go of 2. Doing this ensures that I will not get the db2, and will get the db1 cancel I am attempting.

This also works for dash cancels. Sometimes dash canceling can give you db or df inputs and with negative edge, you can end up throwing out a move on accident and then you end up eating some damage. Hold the previous input until after your dash cancel is done, or until you need to hit the button again.

Example: f3xxdash d2xxdash 1xxKali Fury with Nightwing can be a bit tricky since you can sometimes get his db3 after the first dash, and sometimes db2 after the second. After the f3 I hold the 3 and dash and when I input d2 I let go of the 3 and start holding 2 and input the dash and then I input 1 df and release the 2 and get my Kali Fury.

Hope this helps anybody attempting to adjust to the negative edge system in Injustice.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
You can turn off negative edge in the controller settings. Is there any reason not to do that?

Yeah you can literally just turn it off and have the same effect instead of holding the button that release check is screwing you on. That is, unless you want there to be some things that release check helps you on.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Depends on the character.
Imo, WonderWoman suffers a lot from it, can't do d12 spin due to tiara coming out etc.
yeah i hate that, have you tried wih neg edge off? before d1d2 LK with flash was stupid but with neg edge off its better imo

DARKazen

Noob
As I mentioned I keep it on because it makes the timing on things like 2 df2 and d2 df2 extremely easy, and when I don't want to use it I just hold the button. I'm so used to it after spending so many hours in the lab that it doesn't even phase me. Also, I've had neg edge work way too well for me to say that Nightwing suffers from having it.