What's new

Need to Level my Liu-Kang up

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Here's a short,very short video of me getting my ass hand to me in a match.What I need to do to stop step my game up so i can get ready to enter some tournament with Liu-Kang...would be ready helpful to me.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Learn the matchups,that Quan was mediocre at best,you panicked too much,the blocked teleport you could've NJP'd,you wasted meter on the ex fireball,i don't know if it does anything special but to me it didn't look like it provided better frame adv.

that Quan used teleport A LOT,it leaves him at great disadvantage,if you blocked untill he landed you could avoid those combos and dealt some serious damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Always beware of Quan's safe distance to throw out a random trance off of a good read. I play Quan every now and then and if I hit a random trance it is game changing. With that being Quan specific, like Qwark said you need to learn the match-ups so you can make good reads that correspond to what your opponent is trying to do.

The thing that really jumps out at me is weak punishes. I didn't count how many uppercuts were in that video, but it was a lot. Those were both close rounds; imagine if some of those uppercuts were combos dealing 20 to 30 percent. You probably would have won. When you block a super unsafe move (in this case Quan Chi's sky drop, but really this applies to all sorts of stuff), don't uppercut it, do b312 into a combo. Don't use uppercut as anti air, use standing 1 into a combo, or backdash as they're jumping at you and punish their whiff with b312. Stuff like that.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Liu has a string (I think it's f12) that's great to apply pressure and force your way in. I would recommend using that from a distance rather than b312 or the one that leads into the overhead since on whiff you'll pay for it.

Also with Quan, you might be able to punish a blocked mind control with flying kick... I would look into it. I know I can teleport uppercut punish (Sektor) Quan's mind control.

Also what mcpeanuts said.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
thanks guys for all your help just play a couple of matches online the other night i'm try to get them post so y'all can see if my liu-kang improve or not.

After you hit a 213 launcher follow it up with b312, not more 213. You got parry punished pretty badly at the start (if that was inputted on purpose), try to stay away from kangs parry unless you're sure its going to hit or you need some desperation anti-corner pressure wake up attack.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Go to practice mode, turn the dummy on jump, and practice your anti-airs. If you watch some of the real good Liu-Kang players (X-Blades, DITerry off the top off my head), they are always using their 1 to anti-air, then they follow it with (IIRC) F1,2, then b312. Using 1 as an anti-air is MUCH better than using the uppercut as it will give you more damage, and you'll finish the combo closer to your opponent as opposed to the uppercut which is what you want as a Liu-Kang player.

Also, like the others have said, use your F1,2 string to pressure, its real hard to get out of. Do a lot of D3 and try to start your combos with b3,1,2. If people start blocking low, mix them up with just b3, or b3,1, then start over, over throw your f3 overhead, or go for a throw, or cross jump over them.

AssassiN

Noob
Actually, they use 2 as an anti-air.
I used to use 1 as an anti-air but it fails a lot, 2 is a much better anti-air.
Anti-air combo: 2(as an anti-air), f12, b312, f24, bicycle kick)

1. Don't throw out parry's while your opponent is half a screen away
2. EX fireballs are a waist
3. Use breaker
4. Learn to anti-air
5. Learn to punish his teleport(you can use the anti-air combo to punish, you can get 30% out of it instead of 12% )
6. Dash + block(you need to block his mind control)
7. Learn better combo's(doing 213 all the time isn't a good combo)
8. Learn the character Liu Kang better, play a lot against CPU and in training mode to understand Liu Kang more. In certain situations you just didn't know what to do, you had him in the corner and could have pressured him.
9. Block better, against Quan Chi it's best to just keep blocking low when he is bringing the pressure. Except for that one 2-hit string he has that hits low first and then hits as an overhead second.

Actually, they use 2 as an anti-air.
I used to use 1 as an anti-air but it fails a lot, 2 is a much better anti-air.
Anti-air combo: 2(as an anti-air), f12, b312, f24, bicycle kick)

1. Don't throw out parry's while your opponent is half a screen away
2. EX fireballs are a waist
3. Use breaker
4. Learn to anti-air
5. Learn to punish his teleport(you can use the anti-air combo to punish, you can get 30% out of it instead of 12% )
6. Dash + block(you need to block his mind control)
7. Learn better combo's(doing 213 all the time isn't a good combo)
8. Learn the character Liu Kang better, play a lot against CPU and in training mode to understand Liu Kang more. In certain situations you just didn't know what to do, you had him in the corner and could have pressured him.
9. Block better, against Quan Chi it's best to just keep blocking low when he is bringing the pressure. Except for that one 2-hit string he has that hits low first and then hits as an overhead second.
ex fireballs are AMAZING for pressure purposes.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I think I've only ever used EX-Fireball to top off the round after a knock down, or pressure wth e F21 Ex-FB which I believe staggers them (if they are stand blocking) which opens up a free B312 loop. I much prefer EX-Dragon or EX bike kick to get out of shitty situations or close distance

In addition to the 9 things dude mentioned above me, you should also learn meter management. Knowing when to break and when not to is really important in this game. The only time you broke was when you shouldn't have, and didn't break when you should of. If you have %10 life and your opponent has %80-90 life, theres no point in breaking. When you break in a unwinnable situation, all your doing is making it harder on yourself for the next round thus increasing your chances of losing the match. The only time its good to break as you did, is if its the last round and you have no other choice. I know its hard for people to give away a round, but in this game sometimes you have to do just that. Don't worry though, this is one of the hardest things for people to understand. You'll get down combos and other stuff before you understand this.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I know its hard for people to give away a round, but in this game sometimes you have to do just that. Don't worry though, this is one of the hardest things for people to understand.
Yea I Know,I was desperate so I was like fuck it I had already lost so,lets see what I can do

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Hey it would be cool if someone can give me the max damage on this combos:

-B+312 3x,Ex fireball
-213 3x,Flying Kick (if that's possible)
-12B+1 2x,f24
-B+312 2x,f24,X-ray
-B+312 3x,Ex Bicycle Kick(if that's possible)

Hey it would be cool if someone can give me the max damage on this combos:

-B+312 3x,Ex fireball
-213 3x,Flying Kick (if that's possible)
-12B+1 2x,f24
-B+312 2x,f24,X-ray
-B+312 3x,Ex Bicycle Kick(if that's possible)
I don't know the damage on these off the top of my head. But I can give you a few tidbits of information that you may find useful:

-Don't use 213 as a combo extender. Use it as the first launcher as your combo or not at all. In any situation where you could continue a combo with 213, you could also do b312 for more damage. So like, instead of 213, 213, 213, flying kick, you would get more damage out of 213, b312, b312, b312.

-Don't use meter in combos with Liu Kang. My personal rule of thumb is that an EX move is worth doing if it makes the combo do at least 10% more than it would with the unenhanced version of the move. Enhancing a fireball or bicycle kicks are only going to add like 2-3% more damage to your combo; that's worthless.

-12b1 is worthless, don't use it for anything ever. It's less damage than b312 and the first hit can be ducked.

-I don't think b312, b312, f24 xx x-ray works. I don't remember why, just that I tried to do it in training mode and couldn't and was like "oh I guess that doesn't work". You can use b312, f24 xx x-ray, f24 xx bicycle kicks, but for three bars it's not really worth the damage, you may as well do the loop and save your meter for breaker or a random full screen x-ray (which I honestly think is a more viable strategy with Liu Kang than using the x-ray in a combo).

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
-when you get in training mode, you will know each damaging combo...practice makes perfect.

-Zoning-heavy characters are very weak inside...if they do low pokes, it very important that you counter poke there attacks when you are finish with strings... the only poke that you cannot counter would be d+4.

- Once you learn how to counter poke on spot, then all you have to worry about is working on your fundamentals, your spacing ,strategies, and adaptivity.

-Once you master all those elements, you will be a very dangerous Liu kang Tournament player.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
That Quan was really bad. He didn't even runetrap you...lol

Anyways, with Quan there's 2 strings you need to be aware of, if you don't know them; you're going to lose - period.
B31+2 hits low then mid
F12 hits high then low
He also has a mid with u3, but it's very slow and punishable.

You want to block low against Quan, always. ALWAYS block low. When you see his hands lift up following the B3 in 1+2 fuzzy guard high. Most Quan's will trance right into it since the majority of people online cannot deal with Quan, at all, and he grants a ridiculous amount of free wins.