What's new

Need help with malware

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Everytime I log into my email account I see messages in the spam section from my own address advertising random shit, why is this happening? I scanned my PC and found nothing.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Run the system in safe mode install Malware bytes from an external source and run the scan.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I used the free version of AVG. The sites advertised are all russian and I recently tried to get into an open beta in the Russian servers of a game which is not yet in beta for EU/NA, it required to make an email, register and download the game client etc. I deleted everything that had to do with it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
They're not coming from your mail server necessarily, they're just using your mail name. So maybe it's that, or maybe someone is actually using your email account.

Reactions: gdf
E

Eldriken

I used the free version of AVG. The sites advertised are all russian and I recently tried to get into an open beta in the Russian servers of a game which is not yet in beta for EU/NA, it required to make an email, register and download the game client etc. I deleted everything that had to do with it.
Don't use AVG.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware along with Spybot Search and Destroy.

Update them both and run them both. Do a quick scan with Malwarebytes'. With Spybot, run an immunization and then do a scan.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Did you use the same email password when you registered?
If so then simply change your email password.

AssassiN

Warrior
Change your password(just to be safe), install Malware Bytes and run a scan. Perhaps scan in safe mode.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Will do, I recently had malware alerts the moment I opened up TYM and had to do a system restore due to some issues with AVG too.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My pass was very recently changed, the mails still come. The problem is I can't see if anyone else is also receiving them.

E

Eldriken

Running the scans now, it's not even a third finished and it has found 66 threats.
While this isn't malware related, download Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner while you're at it. It never helps to clean up your registry.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This stuff is happening again, it stopped for a bit and now it returned. Searched some threads online and it turns out it's very easy to forge a "sent from" address.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I went into the log section that displays entries in my email, all from Greece, all in the time I'm usually awake. Some times I didn't remember ever logging on so I'll be keeping an eye on the times I log in my mail.