What's new

need help w/ h smoke's combos

hey is any 1 really good at h smokes 10 hit combos? i cant get in the teleport punch right after HK and a lot of other 1s i cant really understand so if u are good at these then plz send me a fr or something.

gt: xX AshY Xx

here are the two that im tryin to get down and im havin a hard time w/

HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw

HK, LP, JK, teleport punch, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw

thanks

look at the smoke guide vid. if some1 can teach me how to get that teleport on time i would love them for the rest of my life.

xX AshY said:
i cant get in the teleport punch right after HK
you mean after the Jump Kick?

xX AshY said:
HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw

HK D+LP, D+HP...

(this is the launcher/pop-up, you do this when you are right next to your foe)

...aaHP...
(walk forward a couple steps after the laucnher, then hit HP)

...Spear...
(do this as fast as you can after the aaHP)

...HK, D+LP, D+HP...

(autocombo again)

...JK, airthrow
(Jump Kick after the launcher, and tap block right when it touches, so you do an airthrow too)

xX AshY said:
HK, LP, JK, teleport punch, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw
HK, LP...
(Shorter and easier pop-up)

...JK, Teleport punch...
(JK after the pop-up, then teleport punch. Practice doing the tele-punch before the JK actually hits them)

...Spear...
(As soon as possible)

...HK, D+LP, D+HP...
(pop-up)

...JK, airthrow
(Jump Kick after the launcher, and tap block right when it touches, so you do an airthrow too)

ok well that helped a little. thanks. i was tryin to do my own variation where u do a aaHK and then go into a teleport punch but i dont think its possible lol. i also found out how to do infinites w/ those combos too which is pretty cool

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You have to learn how the physics, and recovery time works on certain moves.

If you are in the corner, technically you could catch a juggle harpoon (this only means that it connects while your opponent is in air) off an aa(anti-air) standing HK, because you are so close to them and the relative horizontal movement lines up well. The HK itself has enough recovery so that in just about any situation they practically hit the ground upon recovery. This is a good way of doing it.

You can cancel LP and HP to special moves, and you cancel JPs and JKs as well in the same manner, with air or ground moves (depending on how close to the ground you are when you connect an air move).

Really what you should do is, just read through the general gameplay guide and the character guides.

aC

Noob
I've been getting better at these combo's... but I find the "HK,D+LP,D+HP" extremely hard! to do on XBLA (I can nail it with about 90% effeciency in SP, but the delay in MP kills me and they block every time).

Because of this I have gone to use the easier HK,LP pop-up exclusively. Yes its less damage, but getting the pop-up at all is better than hitting a single kick (knee) and getting blocked on the rest.

The JK/Teleport isn't so much a problem for me, but I am having trouble getting the spear out the second I land from the teleport to link.

Also I have trouble nailing the JK+Air Throw effeciently online, so instead, and I really don't know if this is better than just a JK alone, or an aaHP + JK finisher, I've started doing an aaHP + Air Throw finisher.

If I could just get the spear down after the teleport I'd be fine. Or is it because I'm openning with the spear that I can'd do another spear after landing so many in between hits?

If I do this:
Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP + Air Throw or JK + Air Throw that works fine. But if I

Spear, HK, LP, JK, Teleport, attempt Spear... I NEVER get that spear it seems. Is it because I'm openning with the spear? Would I be better off openning with a JPS?

aC said:
If I could just get the spear down after the teleport I'd be fine. Or is it because I'm openning with the spear that I can'd do another spear after landing so many in between hits?

If I do this:
Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP + Air Throw or JK + Air Throw that works fine. But if I

Spear, HK, LP, JK, Teleport, attempt Spear... I NEVER get that spear it seems. Is it because I'm openning with the spear? Would I be better off openning with a JPS?
The spear locks at 5 hits, so you can't do that last combo. It's impossible, you can't even GC it.

aC said:
Also I have trouble nailing the JK+Air Throw effeciently online, so instead, and I really don't know if this is better than just a JK alone, or an aaHP + JK finisher...
Think about it :wink:

Anything is better than JK alone, but:
JK+air throw > aaHP+JK

aC

Noob
DAVE101 said:
aC said:

If I do this:

The spear locks at 5 hits, so you can't do that last combo. It's impossible, you can't even GC it.

aC said:
Also I have trouble nailing the JK+Air Throw effeciently online, so instead, and I really don't know if this is better than just a JK alone, or an aaHP + JK finisher...
Think about it :wink:

Anything is better than JK alone, but:
JK+air throw > aaHP+JK
OK so the only way to do any variation of that last one would be to just nail the:
HK,LP,JK,Teleport,Spear,HK,LP,whatever finisher.

But if I did a JPS it would lock the spear. Got that... damnit ;)

Oh and I actually meant to say I do aaHP + Air Throw instead of JK + Air Throw... would those be closer together in damage? I'm not sure what the damage protected HP vs JK is.

At least I know I wasn't just sucking, I was pissed I couldn't get that spear to go hehe.

JK is nearly 3 times better then HP. Here is a topic with all the percents:
http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176

But if I did a JPS it would lock the spear. Got that... damnit Wink
Then you can just change the combo.

From the character guide:
VERY EASY- jump punch starter, HK, LP, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 55%

EASY- jump punch start, HK, LP, deep JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11hits 62%