What's new

Need Help on getting a new controller

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
So my Xbox controller broke and I'm in need of a new pad.

Right now, I'm deciding whether to get a ps2 pad with a Xtokki converter, or the new xbox controller with an "improved D-pad" Link. But I'm not completely sold on how good this new D-pad is.

So should I get the ps2 pad with Xtokki or the new 360 pad, and if anyone has the new 360 pad, how good is it for MK? Or is there a better option?

Tim Static

Adminerator

Right now, I'm deciding whether to get a ps2 pad with a Xtokki converter, or the new xbox controller with an "improved D-pad" Link. But I'm not completely sold on how good this new D-pad is.

So should I get the ps2 pad with Xtokki or the new 360 pad, and if anyone has the new 360 pad, how good is it for MK? Or is there a better option?
Well, first off, I'd get a new 360 pad for non fighters. Then i'd look at these 2 options:

1. PS2 pad then buy the 2 converters from eTokki.com. One controller, which is pretty cheap, and 2 converters means same pad for either system. You got the converters, doesnt matter what console is being used.

2. Mad Catz MLG pad - http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=449 - Great thing is you can customize it to what you prefer. Thing is, they are $100 each. These things are solid. I have one, and its amazing (im a stick player tho, but I got mine for PS3 because I wanted a solid 360 style pad for PS3).

You've got a choice to make. :coffee:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Those look bad ass. So do you think its worth the $100?
I think so, but i just wanted a 360 pad for PS3 games. The 360 pad as a whole is on an entirely different level when it comes to everything but fighters. But again, its all about your wants & needs for it.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Shame they aren't dual modded really you think they would have taken that into account for a tournament pad. :/

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I had the mlg madcatz controller and it was terrible but that was just my experience with it. I prefer just the regualar xbox pad but thats cause playstation controllers just dont fit my hands very well. Its really all up to you and what you are willing to spend.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
The xbox transforming dpads break.Ive had 2 of them do it before I found out its a problem 75%+ of those controllers will experience.I dont think theyre meant for constant dpad use.

nwo

Noob
The xbox transforming dpads break.Ive had 2 of them do it before I found out its a problem 75%+ of those controllers will experience.I dont think theyre meant for constant dpad use.
Dude I think those dpads were meant for navigating through menus that's about it, LOL.

I got the ps2 xtokki and it is amazing compared to the 360 pad.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I just got the MLG Controllers, and it was the best thing I ever did!!

Since this game came out a year ago I have switched between everything trying to find something that feels absoloutly perfect when I play.

I've played this game on:
TE MK stick at launch-
Xbox Controller -
Playstation 3 Pad-
Playstation 2 Pad-
WWE Brawl Pad-
AfterGlow PDP Pad-
SF MadCatz TE Stick-
SomeCrazyass wired PS3 3rd party pad-
MK Klassic PDP Stick-
BuildHitbox(with real Hitbox Layout)
Real Hitbox-

and Finally these babys.

Now there was nothing wrong with all those other controllers but none of them ever felt 100% comfortable for me. I have big hands so the PS3/PS2 controller has never been a big favorite for me. I play SF and KOF on stick but just never like the way dash blocking feels on MK for Stick. I loved Hitbox but my wrists would actually start getting sore if I played to long (bitch I'm 29 get off my case :) )

So I thought I would give these a go since first off I will be using the same controller no matter what system I play on. And they come with a 2 year warrenty.

The feel of the controller is perfect for my hands. The back is almost like a grippy material which is very comfortable. You can adjust the wieght of the controller. And you can make it jiggy colours. It comes with the gloss finish and the matte finish and you get both gloss and matte when you order another colour as well.

Switching out your Dpads is easy as pie, and I can even just straight up take out the left one which i have done, because my huge thumb hits the damn thing on PS3 controllers.

The quality of these things is great as well, I think Sony and Microsoft should be ashamed that there controllers are 60 bucks new, ( and the new xbox one with the dpad that breaks is 70)

So the 100 buck price tag with 2 year warrenty for me was worth it, I only wish these would have been out a year ago, and I really hope that I am able to use them on whatever new system comes out, or I will be sad.

Im very happy with my MLG Controllers, they are amazing!!!

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc424/Jimmypotato/?action=view&current=MLGControllers.jpg