What's new

Need help identifying potential mains

So I know it’s still early, and I’ve been messing around with various characters, but additional perspectives never hurt. I’m trying to identify characters that might fit my play style well enough to main. I tend to enjoy the kind of play created by characters like Guile in SFV, Wonder Woman in Injustice, or Grandmaster Sub in MKX. I play sort of passive-aggressive pressure through strong defense and space control, good normals and space-occupying specials, non-spammy zoning, enforcing caution/frustration on my opponent, walking them to the corner, and punishing impatience/reckless offense. Recommendations very welcome and, if possible, explanations of why/how that character fits the description.

Espio

Kokomo
Lady Jade might be a good choice for you. She's like a walking chess board of long ranged normals and conservative play. Everything she does is stategic, she can't just yolo flowchart out of scenarios so she might be the Edenian Candidate for you!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I tend to enjoy the kind of play created by characters like Guile in SFV, Wonder Woman in Injustice, or Grandmaster Sub in MKX. I play sort of passive-aggressive pressure through strong defense and space control, good normals and space-occupying specials, non-spammy zoning, enforcing caution/frustration on my opponent, walking them to the corner, and punishing impatience/reckless offense.
Jade is a good one... I would also say Noob is kinda exactly your thing... I think of him as the WoWo of MK11. He is incredibly footsy heavy, has strong damaging combos, and some decent zoning... not great more space control stuff.

Like WoWo though he is a little harder to use as he has a decent amount of thinking and strategy needed, so ignore the prolls crying that he sucks.. he 100% dose not suck.

Honeybee showing some Noob action​