What's new

Need help from veterans!

JoDecay

Noob
Hi all. Im pretty new to MK, the only one I really played was MKII back in the day and its basically the only fighting game i played.

Im trying to learn and right now Im using Reptile, Raiden and Smoke. im getting better but Im still pretty bad. I was wondering if there are characters that would be better suited for a beginner like me, especially online since I read on these forums that some characters are harder to use online because of the lags.

Thx all, I'm looking forward to getting better and fight some of you!

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Reptile is a top tier so he's very good. He can punish like crazy with dash and can apply pressure easily on top of that he’s is great at zoning.

He's one of my top 3 characters’ and is a useful tool.

Combos WILL come to you, but you must practice online against other people to fully get them down, practice mode alone won't work. Don't expect instant gratification from a combo just because you can do it every time in practice. But as I said it will come to you and it shouldn't take to long.

Another character you might wan't to look at is Sub-Zero. Easy to learn and effective if used correctly. Don't let his lower tier rating frighten you, he's good. You will need to learn what character’s to hide behind an ice clone against and which ones to rush (at the right moment of course).

Smoke is good but with a bad rep. As a beginner you might feel like spamming tele a lot (hence the bad rep). DON'T. A low level will just uppercut you on block, but someone with more experience will punish you with a full combo on block and you'll feel it. He is limited combo wise. I don't think he can combo on someone while they are blocking high, so leg sweeps/grabs are you're friend with Smoke. Raiden has the same problem.

So try out Sub-Zero, think about what I said with Smoke. Reptile=One of the best fighters in the game. Easily.

If you have anything else feel free to MSG me.