What's new

Need help choosing a main!

Hey so basically I need help choosing a main.
My playstyle is what I think is rushing, aggresive offence, not letting my enemy do anything that is why I really like Kung Lao.
The thing is that while playing KL my I always kind of own my friend totally even tho we both have played MK before we are kind of beginners. My friend is really good at blocking and punishing but the thing is that he has no chance cuz I always 24 spin then uppercut/jk divekick or 24 3+1 2/3. So he has no chance and I can just mix and mix and I always get my X-ray when needed so it becomes even tougher for him to beat me. This is when he's playing Ermac or Scorpion against me, his favourites atm. So yesterday he got pwned and I suddenly became a noob playing a noobish character and I mean come every single one that does not know how to play against him calls me a noob or something like that and uhm I'm having troubble doing combos that does more than 20-24% damage yet he whines.

So my question is can you recommend me any other good, aggresive and fast close up character that's kind of a pain in the ass if played correctly?

Best regards Zurek1337

Altsa

If you like KL, I´d suggest you keep playing him. Why should you change your character if someone doesn´t know how to play against it?

But if you really want to switch, Cage and Liu Kang are also very good rushdown characters. Go see if you like them.

I dislike smoke and I just don't play JC because I don't like his costumes and he just seems noobish imo for some unknown reason. I'm unsure about kabal but I can give him a try.
I also like Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Sektor, Cyrax and Sub-Zero which used to be my Fav char but now I have no clue how to play him. I've heard that Kitana is a quite nice char to rush people with. I am willing to change my playstyle if I somehow can find a good mentor that will teach me how to play any other char with different playstyle, would pref a KL mentor though. But where on the forums can I find these "mentors"? I found this forum a week ago and registered yesterday so I'm not that familiar with it