What's new

Need help and looking for a sparing partner

Few things first off.
I main Ermac and Sindel.
Have about 1400 matches online under my belt.

Ive done fine playing with those two. Im about 50/50 on win loss ratio, not that it means a great deal. Anyways recently I started upping who I play. AIming for the higher skilled players. Ive kinda come to the conclusion that I am missing something in my game. I fought Bild_Slash last night about 20 times and never even won a single round. What im trying to figure out is how players can attack so fast and relentlessly. I would block an incomming string and before I could let off block to try and counter another one was already starting up and of course I ate it. Is it partially the character? Is it all player? I found myself almost 100% defensless against such a player. It felt as if he was playing in hyper and I was in normal. How do you deal with this kind of onslaught? I tried multiple times between Ermac and Sindel and just couldnt counter hardly anything. Im not an elite player so I know a lot of it is my lack of skill. This is why I am looking for a sparing partner. Someone with a simular skill level as mine so Im not spending the entire match holding block and eating youtube type combos, unless said higher skilled player would be willing to teach me while stomping my hind end. Would prefer someone who has a mic and isnt afraid to use it. I honestly feel like I am missing some basic defense tactics or something and need someone to fight with who doesnt mind sharing in knowledge. I want to get better and give some of my fellow posters over at gamefaqs some good compitition and maybe try some Mortal Monday. Anyways if you're interested or have some knowledge to kick hit me up.

PSN: Icerolose.

Also if anyone is an early AM player, 7am to about 10am CST it would be perfect. I work nights and my game time is spent in the early mornings.

cyke_out

Kombatant
It sounds like you are getting caught in safe block strings and you don't know it, so you try to attack out of disadvantage and get hit. the only way to combat this is to know which strings each and every character has that is safe or unsafe and work on your punishing or poking to interrupt any gap in the frame trap, with fast moves like d1 or d3, or use an armor move like sindel's ex cartwhell.