What's new

Need advice for my main char in SF IV AE

Ok guys, I got my SF IV AE. Now I would like to choose my main fighter. I don't have any XP in SF (I play only MK lol). So what do you suggest? I was thinking to take Fei Long , C Viper or Rufus? Which one is top tier and what do you think?

picking top tier without the experience/knowledge isn't going to get anymore wins than picking any other character.

Also viper is one of the hardest character to learn and execute.

I will learn it bro, I just need advice where to start
for example, if someone starts with MK, I would not recommend him using Baraka :)

you should start w/ Ryu to get used to the qcf (quarter circle forward ) motions that are used quiet frequently in the game. SF will also make you a better MK player because its a faster pace, the combos are not dialed in & you will find yourself using pokes more often.

ya thats why I want to try it. I alredy got all quarter circle moves easly since I play MK with fightstick. Just need to pick main fighter to start with.

PS: hey bro you are at my XBL Flist :) I just realize your tag name now heh , you are rly good MK player

Smoke_MK9 said:
Street Fighter is definetely not faster paced then MK. If anything, it is much slower paced and the combo system is quite difficult for beginners.
err maybe if you are watching it. SF4 is pretty fast pace pending on what characters you use.

Liu Kang playstyle is probably most similar to Fei Long with frame traps, constant pressure, and a lot of yomi.

Sub playstyle is ...iono Ryu? a lot of zoning? maybe dhalsim? since Sub requires patience

doomfarmer

unorthodox
As long as you have a basic understanding of Street Fighter already... do this:

- go into training mode
- pick ryu
- watch this video; youtube.com/watch?v=tcMVI-7cn04
- ?????
- PROFIT

(did i do that right)