What's new

Question - Erron Black Need advice for fighting Erron

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
My cousin is an Erron Black main and uses mostly outlaw. I use Kano cutthroat and cybernetic and a little bit of commando. I've had the most success using cybernetic against him but it feels like no matter what variation I use once he gets his offense started I really don't know what to do. The main thing is all of his tick throws. Especially his f1 2 command grab. I understand you can let go of block and the grab will wiff. The main problem for me though is that he can also cancel into the sand toss for over 30%. It just seems like I'm heavily outgunned against him. I don't wanna just cry for nerfs but damn does he get a lot of free command grab sand toss mixups. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

My cousin is an Erron Black main and uses mostly outlaw. I use Kano cutthroat and cybernetic and a little bit of commando. I've had the most success using cybernetic against him but it feels like no matter what variation I use once he gets his offense started I really don't know what to do. The main thing is all of his tick throws. Especially his f1 2 command grab. I understand you can let go of block and the grab will wiff. The main problem for me though is that he can also cancel into the sand toss for over 30%. It just seems like I'm heavily outgunned against him. I don't wanna just cry for nerfs but damn does he get a lot of free command grab sand toss mixups. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Dude, go on training mode, and practice defending against his strings. Kano's lightning fast, badass looking 112 combo (the basic boxing combo! Jab, jab, cross!!) can punish his sand toss and for one bar of meter, you just took 35% of his health. Also, if he ends the string with caltrops, hit him with the jab jab cross again and take another third of his health.

Practice defending against his crap in training mode. Make your punishes reflexive. People think twice about throwing out slides, sand tosses, or anything when in the back of their mind, they have to worry about losing a third of your health because you didn't fall for that stupid shit.

That means you will psyche him out. He won't be so aggressive. Then do your thing.

Who does this lol
Other Erron Blacks besides you? I've seen several do it on ranked matches. They get really cocky, because Erron Black is nasty online just by nature; it's hard to defend against his strings online, even when I know they're coming. No telling how many free wins these guys get because poor bastards don't know how to block what Erron Black even does.

And off-topic...name this song;.

In cold ceremonial perfection
More radiant than the sum of suns
With each and every attribute
Of animal, machine and man

InFlames

dead
Other Erron Blacks besides you? I've seen several do it on ranked matches. They get really cocky, because Erron Black is nasty online just by nature; it's hard to defend against his strings online, even when I know they're coming. No telling how many free wins these guys get because poor bastards don't know how to block what Erron Black even does.

And off-topic...name this song;.

In cold ceremonial perfection
More radiant than the sum of suns
With each and every attribute
Of animal, machine and man
Ranked Errons are the real deal

and its Jester Script Transfigured, I stopped listening to InFlames years ago tho

InFlames

dead
To stay on topic @NoobSaibot

My best advice is to try and zone out Outlaw Erron, he struggles alot with zoning characters and Cybernetic is one of the best at this.

Also you can backdash both f12xSand Trap and f12xSand Throw so its not really a mix-up, just be careful if he has meter because normal MB sand grenade catches backdashes.

EDIT: You can also armor out of all options with EX Kano ball for a full combo if you want to avoid any mix-up entirely

Hope this helps

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I second that. Your best bet against Outlaw Erron is to zone him out. Cutthroat's Knife Toss is one of the best projectiles in the game. However, you shouldn't rely just on that since Erron can slide under it when they get within range.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
For sure, any right minded Erron player is only ending strings in caltrops from confirming on f24 or 21122. Nobody is tossing caltrops from mixup strings like f13 or b33, b32 especially during a blocked string
Really? I usually throw caltrops after F1,3, but that's when I'm setting up for a corner combo.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yeah, I'm still trying to learn the best time to use caltrops. I've fallen into the habit of using Slide after getting a hard knockdown.

NoobSaibot

Yea zoning him out has given me the most success, but damn this dude is ridiculous when he gets in your face

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yea zoning him out has given me the most success, but damn this dude is ridiculous when he gets in your face
Yeah, he can struggle at times to get in due to his lack of zoning in Outlaw, but once he gets an opening, he's got one of the best rushdowns in the game, especially once he's got you in the corner since he's also got caltrops at his disposal, which a good Erron Black player will drop after a hard corner knockdown, usually cancelled off of F2, 4. After that, if they guess right on a 50/50, they could also end the combo in Tarkatan Stab, which adds on even more DoT.

Actually reminds me a bit of MK9 Cage, in which he didn't have much of a game when at fullscreen, but once he gets in, you're doing anything that you can to try to get him away from you.

NoobSaibot

Yeah, he can struggle at times to get in due to his lack of zoning in Outlaw, but once he gets an opening, he's got one of the best rushdowns in the game, especially once he's got you in the corner since he's also got caltrops at his disposal, which a good Erron Black player will drop after a hard corner knockdown, usually cancelled off of F2, 4. After that, if they guess right on a 50/50, they could also end the combo in Tarkatan Stab, which adds on even more DoT.

Actually reminds me a bit of MK9 Cage, in which he didn't have much of a game when at fullscreen, but once he gets in, you're doing anything that you can to try to get him away from you.
Exactly how I feel. I can handle him at full even midscreen without too much of a problem. But once he's in I feel like I should just put the controller down lol. His tick throws though are by far my biggest gripe with him, it feels like every other string gives him a free command grab if I block it.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
@lionheart21 okay, so I've seen the term/acronym "DoT" used EVERYWHERE. But I know it either stands for, or is related to a hard knockdown that negates a techroll. But what does the "DoT" itself mean?!?! xD I'ts been bugging the helllllll out of me. and thats saying something :p

Also, OP, learn to block his strings and punish with maximum damage. Only thing I can tell you besides what these other generous people have said :3

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
@lionheart21 okay, so I've seen the term/acronym "DoT" used EVERYWHERE. But I know it either stands for, or is related to a hard knockdown that negates a techroll. But what does the "DoT" itself mean?!?! xD I'ts been bugging the helllllll out of me. and thats saying something :p

Also, OP, learn to block his strings and punish with maximum damage. Only thing I can tell you besides what these other generous people have said :3
Sure, no problem. DoT refers to damage over time.