What's new

N00b

New guy here. I've liked MK since Genesis. I bought MK for PS3 and I'm loving it. I'm here to learn some sick combos from here

PSN o0_StatiK

SektorCyrax

Apprentice
Greetings

if you dont know well now you do

the notations for combos are..
1 (square) 2 (triangle) 3 (x) 4 (circle) / u(up) d(down) b(back) f (forward)

j.k (air jump kick) j.p (air jump punch) n.p (neutral punch, jumping straight up then punching you opponent causing them to bounce off the ground)

in order to win you need to know your combos. For your main character you should know their highest mid screen combo and implement it into your game whenever you get the right opportunities. This is called your BnB (bread and butter (goto combo)) you shouldnt try for your BnB ALL the time as you need to react to what the other players are doing for certain situations and try to predict their moves and use pokes (d1, d2, d3) to interupt their combo strings and every character has an anti air attack which is used for opponents that like to jump in on you. Use your anti-airs and uppercuts to stop you from getting jumped in leading to a deadly combo. You can also start your BnB combos by jumping in and starting your combo string after you've hit them with the jump punch and they are standing.

just some basic information for you if you didn't know the basics

welcome.

Greetings

if you dont know well now you do

the notations for combos are..
1 (square) 2 (triangle) 3 (x) 4 (circle) / u(up) d(down) b(back) f (forward)

j.k (air jump kick) j.p (air jump punch) n.p (neutral punch, jumping straight up then punching you opponent causing them to bounce off the ground)

in order to win you need to know your combos. For your main character you should know their highest mid screen combo and implement it into your game whenever you get the right opportunities. This is called your BnB (bread and butter (goto combo)) you shouldnt try for your BnB ALL the time as you need to react to what the other players are doing for certain situations and try to predict their moves and use pokes (d1, d2, d3) to interupt their combo strings and every character has an anti air attack which is used for opponents that like to jump in on you. Use your anti-airs and uppercuts to stop you from getting jumped in leading to a deadly combo. You can also start your BnB combos by jumping in and starting your combo string after you've hit them with the jump punch and they are standing.

just some basic information for you if you didn't know the basics

welcome.
Just the post I wanted to see. Perfect timing. I kept seeing the numbers instead of buttons. I knew they stood for square, triangle, circle, x. Just didn't know it was in the sequence you posted. :D

Thanks for the abbreviation lesson too :)