What's new

General/Other - Ermac Mystic Ex Push Hit Box Theory

A few associates have asked me about Mystic's ex push, why they get hit, how big is the hit box, and how to get around it. Truthfully, I don't think there is a consistent way to avoid the move and people are just better off blocking. Though I did decide to share my theory on the move's actual hit box. I'm not an expert on how Hit Boxes & Hurt Boxes operate so I could be completely off base in which case someone is free to correct me. In any case, my theory as is:

2 Hit Boxes, the 'stream itself' while active can catch anything that collides with it. The second is the initial white burst from the meter usage that encompasses Ermac. Some situations will trigger the Armor from the burst without actually being captured, I don't know what in particular causes that however.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
That's some homework right there! Nice work man @RM xRagnarökx
The hit box on push is fairly crazy but I think you just nailed it. It's even possible to confirm off of EX Push because of said craziness. The white activation burst is definitely something we could incorporate into general gp I'm sure, but it be in the opponents best interest to just not jump at him.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What happens if it catches them on the ground behind ermac like that? Do they get flung through you? Can you convert?
I'm wondering this, as well. The video kept cutting out before I could see where the opponent launches toward when they were getting caught behind Ermac.

@BoromiRofGeo ex push is -6 now.

@dennycascade @John Grizzly if you catch the opponent in the secondary hit box behind Ermac it will connect and fling them in the opposite direction.

However if they trigger his armor with a delayed cross up they will not be caught.

Most trades will be in your favor since the opponent is left suspended. Typically long enough to recover and run cancel into a combo.