What's new

General/Other - Alien Mystery Alien Hurtbox Glitch

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Before I start... I'm not hopping on the "ban"dwagon and all other threads have been derailed.

All alien hurtbox videos at least have an explanation of low profiling or moving hurtbox when transitioning from high block to low block.

After watching the videos I decided to see what all the controversy was about and played endless tower with Alien once.

The video below shows the only strange occurrence I came across but I can't imagine any logical reason on why it happened.

The only thing I can think of is his/her hurtbox disappears all together for a frame or two. If it was a low profiling problem I would have slid with Johnny's ex shadow kick instead of it going right through me.

Again I'm not calling for bans or trying to start a war. The sooner we figure out what's wrong the faster we can fix it.

Thoughts?

JesterSMX

Lets do our best to not turn this into what the other threads became. I'm looking for constructive feedback on what could cause the issue in the video.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
You D1'd several characters can go through that move by doing a low poke, one of them being Johnny cage himself. Something to do with the 3D hitboxes I think, it has nothing to do with alien just Johnnys BF4

JesterSMX

You D1'd several characters can go through that move by doing a low poke, one of them being Johnny cage himself. Something to do with the 3D hitboxes I think, it has nothing to do with alien just Johnnys BF4
I think you are right. I tried to recreate the issue for a while and couldn't so I thought something was up. After a bazillion times I went through it instead of slid with it. I didn't think I d1'd cuz neither of us took damage and no armor hit was shown but after watching video frame by frame I saw it. Is it distance related? I only got it to happen again at point blank range.

This was me trying to recreate it before calling bs.

JesterSMX

I'll also delete thread within the hour. I want to hear shaikhuzzaman's response and then I'll close it.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
That is messed up. Alien got that phantom hurtbox. Does anyone else think it might have to do with the non existent hurtbox on his tail? Atleast everyone else's extendable "limbs" dissapear when not being used in a string or special. Maybe this is why NRS always had issue with making characters with tails and such before?

Who came up with this joke lmao
In the world of MK, nobody creates anything. If something spawns, it is through the will of Lord Paulo

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I think you are right. I tried to recreate the issue for a while and couldn't so I thought something was up. After a bazillion times I went through it instead of slid with it. I didn't think I d1'd cuz neither of us took damage and no armor hit was shown but after watching video frame by frame I saw it. Is it distance related? I only got it to happen again at point blank range.

Not really sure what conditions are need to cause it to happen but I've only had it happen when I was really close like you were saying

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman

3D hitboxes are hard to understand especially when the game just looks 2D