What's new

My Welcome :: Smoke Gameplay

B SiK

Noob
Hey everyone, glad to be here. I would just like to make a welcome post for myself, to sort of introduce myself, and also make my first post a somewhat good one. I am here with my first gameplay. So, here we go --

Smoke GP .wmv

Keep in mind, I know that there is ton of room for improvement, and we also all now how amazing the 360's D-pad is. Heh, pretty much first games in 7 years, and I am again instantly hooked. Hope you guys enjoy, and I also hope to get some of you guys on my friendslist.

Last edited:

Derek

Noob
Haha. I was playing like ass tonight, but that kid got shit on. I wish you would have recorded the games I won the other day. I had some really good ones and they were all really close.

B SiK

Noob
Heh, yeah Sugar. We both had our fare share of nasty games. They were all for the most part amazingly close, unless we discovered a matchup between character. Like my Sub over your Reptile. Your Kabal over my Scorp.

It's all fun as fuck though man. Good games and play with you tomorrow. :D

Derek

Noob
Selpex said:
It's just him making a joke. There really are some people on XBL that don't know what the block button is and when you sweep them over and over they say you're "glitching the game" and they're going to leave you feedback and get you banned. Atleast that's what happend to me.

:?

Enigma

Noob
Some moron accused me of cheating because I have a 6th sense on when to slide as Sub-Zero and hit him 99% of the time. The MK newbies, though few and far between, on Xbox Live are great and hilarious.

Enigma said:
Some moron accused me of cheating because I have a 6th sense on when to slide as Sub-Zero and hit him 99% of the time. The MK newbies, though few and far between, on Xbox Live are great and hilarious.
in a payer match newbies are 85% of the population,ranked not so much

aC

Noob
I'm really starting to get annoyed with smoke though. And not in the same way as all the complaining little whiners on XBLA. I don't mind playing against him, I'm having trouble BEING smoke. Specifically h. smoke.

I used to play him in the arcade a lot. I was never crazy good like many here, but I was definately effective, and would be able to hit 60%+ combo's when needed.

However, whether its me or the controller, I can NOT effectively and reliably hit his HK,D+LP,D+HP combo in SP, I have to resort to the LK variation by rolling my thumb clockwise around the buttons. This obviously removes a JPS from the equation then.

But even worse is online I can't even reliably pull off the LK variation, rolling my thumb seems to be too fast for the network, and tapping almost always breaks after the knee (just like my HK problem in SP).

It sucks because I'll be reliable getting people JK/speared, or TP/speared, or just JPS'd, and without being able to launch, basically all of my effectiveness is removed.

Are others having this problem? I think I just need to grab that joystick and modify the button layout, anyone got a good dremel I can borrow? ;)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would suggest sacrificing the 3 hit popup attempts for the simple LK,LP combo. Use what works, and get that easy damage.

LK,LP, JK, Tele, Spear, LK,LP, JK, Air Throw is very easy online

If you connect with a Spear, wait for 1 second then do LK,LP, walk forward, aaHP, Spear, then finish for easy high damage.

Until you get off that joke of a d-pad, don't even bother with fancy combos. Shock can hardly run with that thing, but he uses what works for him to win and even though he's only playing at 25%, he's rank 12.

Can you imagine if Lex/Moe/Shock had their preferred controls?

:shock:

aC

Noob
Yeah I guess I'm just a little stubborn. The combo's you listed are actually what I do in SP, but with HK,D+LP,D+HP or as stated the LK alteration of that. But the juggles are exactly what I always did, only without the popup, I've been unable to do that online and it hurts.

You're right though, any damage is better than no damage, so I"ll have to change my gameplan. I just hate losing the JPS because of LK though :?