What's new

My second copy of MK just died....

Flagg

Noob
So I don't know if this is in the right place, but I bought a copy of KE about a month ago cause my original copy of MK died.

Last night I went into ranked and noticed something strange, everytime I went into a fight there would be no commentator and at the end of each fight, the game would freeze. So I just went into Practice mode.

Tried to go into Ranked today, said the Servers weren't available or something. So I played a friend of mine in Private Match and the whole fight was muted, and as soon as I perform a special, the game froze.

The game now wont load beyond the Advertisement screen on load up.

This is really, really irritating. I would like to think it's something on my storage because im not in the mood to buy a third fucking copy of this game.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Flagg

Noob
Mikemetroid, no as far as I can see, the inner circle looks fine.

Wonder_Chef, what do you mean your save data got corrupted? How could you tell and did you delete anything to get around this problem?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Clear you system cache. Its very simple to do. From now on try saving your game to your XBL Cloud.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Mikemetroid, no as far as I can see, the inner circle looks fine.

Wonder_Chef, what do you mean your save data got corrupted? How could you tell and did you delete anything to get around this problem?
I don't know it just got corrupted and my shit started freezing.

I didn't find a fix I just started playing on another account.

Flagg

Noob
Just cleared the cache and still no change.

I haven't removed any of the old DLC for my original MK, which I heard you need to do if you have a copy of KE.

Wonder_Chef it doesnt matter if im on or offline, the game just wont load up to the main menu anymore. I get all the NRS start up, Warner Bros, etc...just wont go to the Main Menu. Freezes, and I have to restart the XBox as it wont let me access Dashboard either.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Just cleared the cache and still no change.

I haven't removed any of the old DLC for my original MK, which I heard you need to do if you have a copy of KE.

Wonder_Chef it doesnt matter if im on or offline, the game just wont load up to the main menu anymore. I get all the NRS start up, Warner Bros, etc...just wont go to the Main Menu. Freezes, and I have to restart the XBox as it wont let me access Dashboard either.
Well I have a PS3.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Get a PS3, blu ray is solid
yet a single finger print on that disc will cause it not to load.

Flagg try this,
if there are no deep scratches then this should clean your disc. Sounds bananas I know but trust me this will clean your disc of scratches

Flagg

Noob

Flagg try this,
if there are no deep scratches then this should clean your disc. Sounds bananas I know but trust me this will clean your disc of scratches
Well it cant get much worse, right now I just seem to be in the possession of a expensive coaster. I'll give it a go.

Saint

Noob

Flagg try this,
What are you smoking? Blu ray is the most durable form of storage disc I've come across. I'm yet to hear about a blu ray disc not working

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Seven, it is durable, its just that a single mark on that disc will make it unreadable. I accidentally touched the side of it (the only mark was my fingerprint) and the game would have the similar issue as flagg is having right now. I wiped it off and it worked sure but it was kind of silly how that small of a mark really effected it.

Saint

Noob
Seven, it is durable, its just that a single mark on that disc will make it unreadable. I accidentally touched the side of it (the only mark was my fingerprint) and the game would have the similar issue as flagg is having right now. I wiped it off and it worked sure but it was kind of silly how that small of a mark really effected it.
I have no experience supporting what you're saying, that's not saying you're lying. But blu ray discs never get scratched or damaged so the only thing that could possibly happen is them becoming dirty and that's fixable.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I have no experience supporting what you're saying, that's not saying you're lying. But blu ray discs never get scratched or damaged so the only thing that could possibly happen is them becoming dirty and that's fixable.
Yes, it was definitely fixable. I fixed it with the good ol fashioned t-shirt way :)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Flagg maybe its a problem wit your x box , dats shitty you only bought a new copy recently as well . you should try renting it out see if dat works if it works do the ol' switcharoo ;)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ghosts. No other logical explanation available.
"There have always been... ghosts...in the machine"

This happened to me, albeit on a lesser scale. The game would start up past the Start screen. I just gave the game a day and it worked just fine afterwords. If this doesnt work i would suggest getting your disc repaired or cleaned.

AssassiN

Noob
If you use xbox, just install the game to your hard drive.
Then the disc only needs to be read once to verify you have a valid copy of the game => will last a lifetime if you are careful with the disk outside your console.

Flagg

Noob
I'm pretty sure there are no ghosts in the machine and fr stack, I just stuck in a few other 360 games which all seem to work (as to assuage my fears the 360 was on its way out).

This is what happens when you try out Scorpion in practice mode, you never get back on again.

Okay, Operation Toothpaste is about to commence.

Flagg

Noob
Oh well, no joy. Just does the same thing, gets to all the sponsors like NVidea and all that crap, then freezes.

Next time i'll save this to the hard drive. FFS.

Thanks anyway everyone.

AssassiN

Noob
Cleared out the cache?
I had that problem a couple of weeks ago as well, thought it was my disk but it was fixed after clearing my cache(thank god I didn't remove my savegames).

Flagg

Noob
Cleared out the cache?
I had that problem a couple of weeks ago as well, thought it was my disk but it was fixed after clearing my cache(thank god I didn't remove my savegames).
I cleared out the cache. The only thing I havent done is erase all the "old DLC/skins" that was on my hard drive from my original copy of the game, though im not sure if anything like that could be the problem.

I really dont get it cause the disc is fine and only about 3-4 weeks old.

AssassiN

Noob
I cleared out the cache. The only thing I havent done is erase all the "old DLC/skins" that was on my hard drive from my original copy of the game, though im not sure if anything like that could be the problem.

I really dont get it cause the disc is fine and only about 3-4 weeks old.
I have no idea if that would cause problems, but I'm thinking no.
Never hurts to try it out.