What's new

My pre release lab time with Robin

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
does F2D3U2 cancel into any special moves. the command list says its cancel frames are 48. am trying to can into smart rang and other moves. am i doing it wrong or is it not possible
I noticed that too and I think it is a mistake. It's not cancelable
@AK L0rdoftheFLY what button was that after the cross up 2 in the low starter trait video ? oh i see its standing 3 after the cross up.
You got it. 3 linked to trait call d3 to get the low starter
I like the sound of all of these things.
His downside is the speed of his normals and block pressure.

His block pressure is very lacking and his safest specials that grants space, db3 mb, is very very glitchy.

His downside is the speed of his normals and block pressure.

i felt the same way i didn't want to say since am still getting used to this game but did you find any safe pressure stings with him. am trying to understand how to apply the frame data correctly in this sick game

am having an easier time doing combos with negative edge on i guess its because am playing on stick, correction i just found out negative edge is ass in NRS games no go for me kept giving me the wrong special. well now i know lol

Last edited:

Noob
Knockdown trait setup
https://twitter.com/l0rd_ofthe_fly/status/863177066212196352

Restand trait setup
https://twitter.com/l0rd_ofthe_fly/status/863458928092434432

Setplay concept with low starter
https://twitter.com/l0rd_ofthe_fly/status/863924532356276226

I will post more as I record more. Ask any questions you like and please add to this to help me explore this character.

It's not YouTube or twitch for obvious reasons. Get on twitter if you are not already!
I am lost. What is the obvious reason why these aren't on Youtube. I personally don't use Twitter, it is ass. Would you mind if somebody else posted these clips on Youtube or is there a thing you have against Youtube. My bad if this sounds condescending. I am just interested to know.

am having an easier time doing combos with negative edge on i guess its because am playing on stick, correction i just found out negative edge is ass in NRS games no go for me kept giving me the wrong special. well now i know lol
Leave Negative Edge off and turn off ALT controls. Play the game straight, it takes a few minutes to learn a QCF motion. And it will be better down the line for you. If you learn bad habits now it will tough to break them.

As far as stick specific stuff, I play on a stick. It is no different to playing pad in the general understanding of how the moves work. It will give you better precision on a lot of things though. And it looks cooler. If you have stick questions let me know. nothing specific to any character moves yet though. We only get the game on Friday.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I am lost. What is the obvious reason why these aren't on Youtube. I personally don't use Twitter, it is ass. Would you mind if somebody else posted these clips on Youtube or is there a thing you have against Youtube. My bad if this sounds condescending. I am just interested to know.
The game wasn't out yet lol

Leave Negative Edge off and turn off ALT controls. Play the game straight, it takes a few minutes to learn a QCF motion. And it will be better down the line for you. If you learn bad habits now it will tough to break them.

As far as stick specific stuff, I play on a stick. It is no different to playing pad in the general understanding of how the moves work. It will give you better precision on a lot of things though. And it looks cooler. If you have stick questions let me know. nothing specific to any character moves yet though. We only get the game on Friday.
yeah am turning off negative edge and living the input default am used to quarter circle motions because i play other fighters on stick but am just gonna play this game default. and where are you in the world that you don't get the game tell friday ?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
What are people doing for meterless damage?

Ive been doing f212 d2~db3 d12~bf3

d2 into the swoop will whiff tho occastionally, i think theres a timing to make it hit consistently.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
What are people doing for meterless damage?

Ive been doing f212 d2~db3 d12~bf3

d2 into the swoop will whiff tho occastionally, i think theres a timing to make it hit consistently.
Yeah, I notice that too! You have to wait a moment before the D2. It's a stylish combo, but I think it deals less damage than the super simple f21b2, 212 xx assassin strike (320.51).

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah it's good stuff but we need less combos and more matchups. Dank lab setups are cool and all but in this game the focus is on neutral above setplay since there are so many defensive options.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
Yeah it's good stuff but we need less combos and more matchups. Dank lab setups are cool and all but in this game the focus is on neutral above setplay since there are so many defensive options.
I agree, there's clearly nothing to say about most of the zoners(imo robin is just at a complete loss having played over 50 sets against cyborg and 20 against Dr fate) with then generally having better frame data and range advantage easily playing outside our effective range. I think robin loses to bane since charge has armor and robin doesn't have any strings fast enough to break it. You'd have to preemptively toss out a bird or just block and not be able to punish

Noob
I have been going back and fourth with my main choice. Harley seems to just have a few more tools at range and Robin is pretty sweet in the mid. The only problem I am having with putting Robin first right now is that his Birdarang gets canceled if he gets hit. That really doesn't seem right. Its all ready out so surely it should stay out and trade with the projectile from the opponent.