What's new

General/Other My personal opinion Involving DS ( if anyone cares )

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
Slight background here
( I am extremely shitty at fighting games, however I enjoy playing them greatly, and have been playing them as a casual for 20+ years, however I have also always enjoyed watching high end players go all out)

So I will say first and foremost that I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT believe that DS needs a nerf currently, as many of the top pro's have stated it is FAR to early to make this judgement.

With that being said I do have a possible fear for the future of this game.
That is that, The type of play that Aris demonstrated ( congrats on his win ) will turn away several possible followers into the game.

Then I feel we will see much more DS vs DS matches which has to be the most boring matchup possible.

So I hope that people are able to counter this type of play more effectively in the future as to not spread its usage even more so then it already is.

AGAIN! This is my PERSONAL opinion, you do not have to agree or disagree, I just felt I would share my view of the situation as someone who is a casual but I long time viewer of professional play.

Komatose

The Prettiest
A scrub... Spoken like a true... Pro? My hat's off to you, friend. Even "pro" players do not seem to be as rational as you. You have gained respect from me.

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
to make the word plural "pros" should not have an apostrophe. the apostrophe makes it possessive (e.g. the pro's pulled pork sandwich).

I apologize for my grammatical error, I am sure you could find many more, it's late and I didn't check for anything.

An interesting point of view, Loth Ryo.

We must continue to find ways around Deathstroke, lest our precious casual viewers be turned away.

Good catch. I'll get that.
I also apologize for not posting this in the DS forum in the first place, thought since it involved more general ideals on the game it should go in general my bad.

Also alien....I'm not sure if you are using sarcasm in the respect of " least our precious casual viewers be turned away"

But if you are being sarcastic, then it should be noted how maybe in the respect of playing skills I am a casual ( as are many others not have the high end of the spectrum) yet in terms of loyalty, following, and support I have been involved with fighting games ( especially MK ) for a 20+ years, as are many of my buddies who are equally as bad at the game.

I dont think he means it offensively, as i didnt mean what i said offensively (it's just one of my peeves). Our community is looking to grow and if the FGC can become E-Sports then we need everyone to show support, especially the casual players and viewers. Your opinion is actually extremely important to the community.
The thing about it is that people already know how strong the game's zoning is, and we're working on figuring ways to get around it. Tom Brady said on the Kombat Network stream tonight that "there are ways in, sometimes you just gotta say "yolo" man, they're superheroes, they can take it," lol
I think a lot of players are too scared of zoning, but the game's a week and a half old, we'll find our ways in :)

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
That's all fine, Loth!

Don't worry, I wasn't being sarcastic. :)
Cool cool, I just wasn't sure :)

I dont think he means it offensively, as i didnt mean what i said offensively (it's just one of my peeves). Our community is looking to grow and if the FGC can become E-Sports then we need everyone to show support, especially the casual players and viewers. Your opinion is actually extremely important to the community.
The thing about it is that people already know how strong the game's zoning is, and we're working on figuring ways to get around it. Tom Brady said on the Kombat Network stream tonight that "there are ways in, sometimes you just gotta say "yolo" man, they're superheroes, they can take it," lol
I think a lot of players are too scared of zoning, but the game's a week and a half old, we'll find our ways in :)

Wasn't able to catch that stream tonight, but that's an interesting point of view he took lol ( I have a lot of respect for Tom Brady )

And I look forward to the future tournaments to see how the different zoning aspects of the game will be dealt with.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Lol at DJ L Toro. Just scrapes through everyones posts with a fine tooth comb, corrects their grammar and never actually contributes anything.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Not to sound like a dick but Aris needs to level up. He is a great player but is getting exposed as the weeks go by. He is proof of what is going to happen to the people who rely mainly on his zoning.

Last night Wonderchef out zoned him the first match and barely beat him the other two games and Wonder wasn't even aggressive with Nightwing.

Then some other guy with Black Adam beat him and then Tyrant crushed him and made him look like a fool.

It's easy to make tutorials in the lab and put them on youtube, it's another thing to do it in a match when you have an amazing Superman punching your face in and you look like you just picked the game up.

I have no reservations in saying that more than half of the Deathstroke players on TYM are better all around than Aris.

I would like to see him level up and be amazing, but I don't think he cares enough. Lol.

Not to sound like a dick but Aris needs to level up. He is a great player but is getting exposed as the weeks go by. He is proof of what is going to happen to the people who rely mainly on his zoning.

Last night Wonderchef out zoned him the first match and barely beat him the other two games and Wonder wasn't even aggressive with Nightwing.

Then some other guy with Black Adam beat him and then Tyrant crushed him and made him look like a fool.
It's easy to make tutorials in the lab and put them on youtube, it's another thing to do it in a match when you have an amazing Superman punching your face in and you look like you just picked the game up.

I have no reservations in saying that more than half of the Deathstroke players on TYM are better all around than Aris.

I would like to see him level up and be amazing, but I don't think he cares enough. Lol.

Can you link me to the above stated matches?
Thx