What's new

My Online Woes - Finally Fixed

kaname

Noob
***Warning this will mostly be me rambling, and all here at TYM already knew this crap but I'm new so whatever. I'm so happy and don't really have anyone else to talk about it to. I tried my wife who does play games now and again but overall she just kinda looked at me with the "that's nice" look."***

For a while there I was feeling pretty down and figured maybe trying to get serious about a fighting game just wasn't for me. Well after hitting it hard in practice mode I finally realized what everyone means by online ≠ offline. Yes I know it's a stupidly easy concept to grasp but it was a break through for me. I never really mind losing, but I can't stand when my character isn't doing what I'm telling it to. For some reason it finally hit me. When I'm in practice mode my Grundy swag appears strong, but the minute I go online, it's like I'm a day one Grundy.

Despite being the new guy even I can see why Grundy would be one of the best characters at dealing with online lag. Problem was my inputs were way too far ahead online. WCC became a nightmare. I couldn't figure out why I could string for example 10+ WCC together in practice mode but when I go online I have trouble doing 1.

Anyway I'm just happy. The game has new life for me. Granted I'm still low level, and haven't given much reading on various match ups but I feel like I'm on the right path.

My online woes aren't really fixed but I don't feel so bad when I'm looking like an idiot online, and sometimes when I slow down I kinda look like I might actual know a little.

Looks like Grundy was born on a Saturday for me. Ok I'm done....

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
We have all been where you're at, it's just something you have to go through. I especially understand, IGAU being my first serious fighting game and being a Grundy main. Put in enough practice in player/ranked match and your online Grundy will soon be comparable to your offline Grundy. If you need any practice or tips and you're on Xbox my GT is CantStopGrundy. I'm usually available

kaname

Noob
We have all been where you're at, it's just something you have to go through. I especially understand, IGAU being my first serious fighting game and being a Grundy main. Put in enough practice in player/ranked match and your online Grundy will soon be comparable to your offline Grundy. If you need any practice or tips and you're on Xbox my GT is CantStopGrundy. I'm usually available
No unfortunately I still haven't gotten it for my Xbox. I keep saying I will but then I keep putting it off. Your caption under your avi is kind of ironic as I literally just logged off. Was beaten by a DS. I knew how to handle him and which trait to get up, but sometimes getting in between shots during the lag online is an uphill battle. Not making excuses, just thought it was funny when I saw your avi caption.