What's new

My noob questions thread.

so these are my problems i am having in an with this game.
whenever i play, i am having problems punnishing, letting go of block too early and just being stuck in aggro.
i dont really know how to push to offense without being attacked either, i play reptile and kabal.
whenever i play online i get stuck in either zone trap or aggro trap. after i block a whole combo and try to jump over and hit, never works. i think im just a bad player and would like someone to help me get better. thanks

sadly im considering going back to halo reach and gow2. i dont want to give up, but its killin me, :/ pdp stick stock is killin me also, paycheck doesnt arrive til 20th ;_;

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
A large part of the game is familiarity, you need to know what your opponent will do. We all suck the first 50+ matches we play, nobody is exempt from this, hell I've played probably around 1,000 games so far and I still get my ass handed to me. Takes practice like everything else! PerfectLegend is a prime example of a player who came from nothing to being one of the best in the world, he had the drive and kept at it!

Don't lose faith, we'll help you out whenever we can!

SZSR

Warrior
Okay first to remind you, not every character is for aggressive playstyles. My most important thing is to look at what my opponent is doing and think. What do you have that can catch them offguard? You'll lose a couple of matches if you're simply a beginner and don't know the tools of your character enough but for that take a look at the Reptile and Kabal forums look for threads like the tom brady guide:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3937-Reptile-Guide-Feedback

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4816-CHOMP-CHOMP-HISS!-The-Reptile-Matchup-Thread

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3931-Kabal-Guide-Feedback

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4366-ask-kabal-thread

Especially take a look at every single page of the most active threads.

For a guy like Reptile, you can typically zone out opponents with your projectiles, at that time I recommend you think about how you're going to approach an opponent or what happens when they get to you.

For Kabal you can use the instant-air fireball(IAF) to also help keep your opponents out.

Also, take a look at the tournament videos of CEO and Revelations, the winners were Kabal and Reptile and the Top 8 had healthy showings of each character. I'm not saying it's a magical way to get you better but it'll help you figure out how to approach matches and the like.

i know how to play, i know these forums, thanks though. im just bad at these in specific things, i can do all the combos, i know my frames and all, its just i need tips on how to improve on these things, i dont wonna invade forums for the advanced players, so im just lookin for some tips on how to improve my skills.

SZSR

Warrior
i know how to play, i know these forums, thanks though. im just bad at these in specific things, i can do all the combos, i know my frames and all, its just i need tips on how to improve on these things, i dont wonna invade forums for the advanced players, so im just lookin for some tips on how to improve my skills.
You need to ask, TYM is here because some of the best players wanted to help other players get better at Mortal Kombat, ask questions, cite specific problems, matchups, in the Reptile threads and the same in the Kabal threads. Look for better players online, challenge the big names and ask them if they're open to tell you what you did wrong and how they beat you. If you play a truly good player, they'll tell you.

The best thing though is experience like with finding how to punish. Like when you're fighting teleport punchers when you block their attack they have a spinning animation, etc. Getting rid of blocks too early, is just a simple mistake, you'll learn how to time it with experience.

Also, add your gamertag and/or PSN ID via options so people can challenge you online or you can challenge people.