What's new

Question - Lasher My first serious tournament

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Well I'm officially bricking it. I'm heading over to Glasgow for my first big tournament and it's been announced as the uk mkxl cup qualifiers. I've played online a hella tonne but I destroy everyone I know offline so much it isn't fair. I've only got one sparring buddy who is some what of a fair fight but even then I kill with my baby takeda. Anyway, I need some wisdom, any advice would be appreciated! I suck against a few match ups and if you're in the eu and willing to do some online games I'd appreciate it, weirdly enough one of those weak match up are other takedas.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
What match ups are bad for you?

I've only been to one local myself but all 3 of my fights were match ups I have a lack of knowledge in and/or I just suck at so it's definitely worth preparing for them.

Make sure you get there early enough for some casuals as the monitors always take some adjusting to.

Misky

What match ups are bad for you?

I've only been to one local myself but all 3 of my fights were match ups I have a lack of knowledge in and/or I just suck at so it's definitely worth preparing for them.

Make sure you get there early enough for some casuals as the monitors always take some adjusting to.
Thanks man :) monitors are a good point. I'll be there a day before so it'll be all good I hope! I have some trouble against shinnok on imposter and boneshaper. Johnny gives me a hard time too and most of the dlc characters, especially bo'rai and leatherface.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
As a fellow tournament lasher main I welcome you, feel free to ask me any questions about any match up in a private chat so we can thoroughly discuss them and I can throw some tourney footage your way, I look forward to helping you in any way I can

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Thanks man :) monitors are a good point. I'll be there a day before so it'll be all good I hope! I have some trouble against shinnok on imposter and boneshaper. Johnny gives me a hard time too and most of the dlc characters, especially bo'rai and leatherface.
That's good, the more time you give yourself to adjust the better.

I main BRC so I'd be happy to play some sets and get you used to the match up. The other characters I don't play so I'll struggle to help you there.

@Asodimazze is a really good JC. I take a beatdown everytime I come across him online.

Misky

That's good, the more time you give yourself to adjust the better.

I main BRC so I'd be happy to play some sets and get you used to the match up. The other characters I don't play so I'll struggle to help you there.

@Asodimazze is a really good JC. I take a beatdown everytime I come across him online.
Sweet man :) I'd love to play you guys sometime. You on ps4 eu?

Misky

As a fellow tournament lasher main I welcome you, feel free to ask me any questions about any match up in a private chat so we can thoroughly discuss them and I can throw some tourney footage your way, I look forward to helping you in any way I can
Sweet! I'll message you some later, thanks bro. Never seen another good lasher player