What's new

My first major! (Mayo)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So guys, I'm making a 20 hour drive to compete at the Expo Tournament in mexico city. 4 days long, SF, Tekken, Marvel, and MK. I'm going with Kenshi, with Sheeva/Quan as my back up. My concerns are.. I get nervous. I'm actually on medicine for panic attacks, so tournament nerves are really bad for me. Plus, it's on xbox, so I had to get a ps2 converter. However, they don't sell them here, so I went with the Mad Katz Fight Pad. It's actually a really comfortable pad to use. In a way I prefer it over my ps3 pad. However, I tend to screw up back-forward motions, so sometimes I get Forward2 instead of Spirit Charge with Kenshi. Still, I'm gonna do my best to make you guys proud!

New Kenshi corner conversion combos? CHECK
3-part close range offense plan? CHECK
20% chip damage inescapable block string? SUPER CHECK

Wish me luck fools! If there's a stream, I'll inform Storms and he'll post it!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Please button check w a blindfold and bring a controller that has Brail written on it

Good Luck Buddy !! Ill be watching/cheering

aj1701

Warrior
Good luck man! Don't be nervous. Be there for the experience, don't worry about winning, just focus on each match and play for fun. That's what I would do anyway.

Justice

Kombatant
Good luck man! Don't be nervous. Be there for the experience, don't worry about winning, just focus on each match and play for fun. That's what I would do anyway.
This. Also, there are a few techniques that you can try. Finding what works for you is the biggest part.

Bring headphones. Play music loud enough to drown out the crowd but not so loud that it distracts you. Bring music that you can "groove" to. I'll never forget this one night playing CoD4 online and some jackass had his stereo too loud. He was playing reggae music loud enough that we could hear it. Strange thing was, I found out that night that reggae music is the best soundtrack for killing things. I don't think that's what Bob Marley had in mind....

A debateable mind trick is to convince yourself that the results of the match is pre-ordained. If you sit in the chair thinking that you've already won/lost, it eliminated the stress associated with trying. People argue that if you aren't putting your all into it, you have less chance of success. They wouldn't be wrong. The virtue of this technique, especially when applied to video games, is that it also eliminates input errors due to stress. Like when you are learning a new tech and you're struggling with it, you start getting frustrated and then you start playing even worse. That's the errors I'm talking about.

All in all, I wish you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing the vid of you accepting your belt :D

Error

DF2+R2
Good luck man, I need to take note of this 20% blockstring, so if it's streamed I'll be watching cheering for you.