What's new

Strategy My Batman 1.06 thoughts

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Okay guys after some time with the patch this morning here's what I got.

With the new trait bat recovery, if you start a combo off with bats and end with a MB grapple or b23 bnb a bat will NOT have been generated in time, so the days of b23 cb, b11 cb and 112cb are over.

You will either have to spend more meter or you have to end with j2 11 or 22 and then b23 or 112 trait to get one bat back. Not crippling just need to adjust your bnb MB grapple combos. I personally do 113>b3> j3> j2> d2> mb grapple. This is his longest time duration and most damaging.

b23 stayed exactly the same on hit and on block when cancelling into trait, batarang or any move so don't worry guys its not crippling.

On whiff he stays theres for about second so you can't shot gun it anymore to play keep away. Also on block if you don't cancel into anything, you can't immediately dash forward or back anymore either.

His bnb off MB b3 is now 43% up from 37% b3> j3> j2> 123> b23
His bnb off MB f3 is now 40% up from 34% f3> j3> 123> b23

AK GamerBlake

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
As I expected, the nerfs didn't destroy the Bat.

Patch hasn't landed for PSN yet, but as soon as it does, it's off to the lab to adjust my combos.

Good looking out, Rapzilla. :)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Will definitely have to adjust to the new Bat-timing and change my set-ups. Should be fine.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
bat got hurted pretty badly

I think B23 as a brainless keep away tool on whiff is done for, which is probably for the best, but as far as I know it stays the same when done on block or hit. As far as trait, I think with how Rap has chosen to adopt the new MB grapple j2>d3 as well as the strength in general of Batman's decent mobility, the 3 seconds added aren't a huge boon.

If anything, it seems like the matches where he could abuse the sole power of Batarangs + A single trait bat and B23 to auto space himself went from probable 7-3 to around 6-4. How do you figure?

I think B23 as a brainless keep away tool on whiff is done for, which is probably for the best, but as far as I know it stays the same when done on block or hit. As far as trait, I think with how Rap has chosen to adopt the new MB grapple j2>d3 as well as the strength in general of Batman's decent mobility, the 3 seconds added aren't a huge boon.

If anything, it seems like the matches where he could abuse the sole power of Batarangs + A single trait bat and B23 to auto space himself went from probable 7-3 to around 6-4. How do you figure?

b23 was his only reliable footsie tool, nerfed, still good, but not as good, it was amazing on block

trait recovery nerf was pretty bad, and he's really dependent on his trait, that's attacking his core right there, trait cancels on block are less frequent, anti-zoning can't be as risky... really have to turtle a lot more... i think it severely limited his versatility.

I think he got his harder than superman and ba

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
b23 was his only reliable footsie tool, nerfed, still good, but not as good, it was amazing on block

trait recovery nerf was pretty bad, and he's really dependent on his trait, that's attacking his core right there, trait cancels on block are less frequent, anti-zoning can't be as risky... really have to turtle a lot more... i think it severely limited his versatility.

Rofl what? Characters get a couple patch notes and all the sudden people think they suck. DS Syndrome.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Wait... is this serious?

LOL at batman getting hurt more than supes and bladam. The waiting time for the bat sucks now but on the other hand I dont have to constantly be thinking about bat management. Hes still a great rushdown character.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
After this patch, I actually find myself not deviating from Batman MORE during tournament play than I have in the past. After playing in two separate tournaments since the patch, I have used Batman 100%.