What's new

My (1st) ECT Tournament Experience/Shout out thread

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If I had to sum up the experience... "wow..." I seriously had a great time and a pleasure to meet some folks that I've known for years.

Kommunity members I met:

TIM!!! - Dude yelled my name and I was found, lol. Tim is someone who I would chill with anytime.. no doubt. Although, we only got to play each other a few times... getting to fight him in UMK3 was very memorable.

ROB!!! - I thought he said his name was "Bob" at first, therefore I didn't react the same as to when I finally asked Tim if Rob was there... he was like, "Dude, that is Rob." I felt like an ass, and then confronted Rob about it and got the appropriate hand shake from the fellow dear friend. Rob and I played SSFIV and UMK3... and I'll tell you what... he's coming up the ranks in those games quick. His Ryu is strong as well as his Juri. VGG's, Rob!!! :top:

Tom Brady - It was great to finally meet this guy in person... afterall, I've known and heard of him since MKO. We had some inspiring talks about UMK3 which I plan to work on with the community. He didn't play UMK3 though, but he probably just didn't wanna get his rusty ass handed to him, lol. Tom, is was great to meet you, bro.

VERSA!!! - an old school DM dog... we got to reminisce over the old days of fighting TKO all night in a clan war.. haha, good shit. A very friendly dude... I pictured him to actually be the same as he was... except shorter. Besides Phil (Love ya, buddy lol ;) ) I think I was the shortest one there.

SHOCK!!! - *UNO, DOS, TRES, CUATRO, CINCO, SEIS!!!!* Wow... just... wow. A God @ UMK3. Seeing him fight in person was mesmerizing. The best UMK3 player - hands down. It was a grand pleasure to meet a legend.

AC1984 - This guy is another who I could definitely see myself chilling with - he's super nice, has skills, very sportsman-like and is very encouraging. Did I mention he has the best Kabal? Sick...

Summoning - I felt the same way about him as I felt AC1984... fuckin cool guy and a sick Lao.

Joe (iloveu) - Got to shake this dude's hand... he was always on the go playing either SSFIV or UMK3.

SweetJohnnyCage - The only thing I'm gonna say about this guy besides that he seemed like a great guy is he has the best fighting style for playing a stick, lol. :congrats: While everyone else sat down, he stood almost like we was about to take off in the 50 yard dash to play on a fightstick... I wish I would've taken a pic.

9.95!!! - A long time coming... there's little to say only because it's quite obvious of how I think of Phil. I am very fortunate to have him as part of our MKE staff. Phil, would you mind setting up my MAME again? :)

Outlaw - this guy was sitting all alone for the longest time. I started talking to him and got him to sign up for UMK3. He did have to leave early so he wasn't able to fight, but we did exchange numbers and I gave him some useful URL's to visit. ;) Hope to see ya soon, Outlaw!

Also, these were in no particular order.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Im glad you had a great time at your first tournament Storms! It was the same for me after my first tourny and now Im hooked. It was a great pleasure to finally meet you and get to chill. It was such a great weekend and everyone in our MK crew was very cool. Getting to meet you and Tim was definately a highlight for me, as well as seeing my old friends, Shock,summoning, and AC1984. And of course my comrade in arms, my UMK3 mentor, Phil. I already cant wait for summer jam so we can do it again! Oh and a big shoutout to Sweet Johnny Cage for putting UMK3 front and center at his event and treating us like any other game!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Im glad you had a great time at your first tournament Storms! It was the same for me after my first tourny and now Im hooked. It was a great pleasure to finally meet you and get to chill. It was such a great weekend and everyone in our MK crew was very cool. Getting to meet you and Tim was definately a highlight for me, as well as seeing my old friends, Shock,summoning, and AC1984. And of course my comrade in arms, my UMK3 mentor, Phil. I already cant wait for summer jam so we can do it again! Oh and a big shoutout to Sweet Johnny Cage for putting UMK3 front and center at his event and treating us like any other game!
Summer Jam? Fill me in, please. :D

Dark_Rob

Noob
Summer Jam? Fill me in, please. :D
Its the next big 2 day tourney. I dont know all the details yet but I think it will be in late august. I believe it will be at the same hotel we had winter brawl at(much nicer than the ECT hotel) in Philadelphia. Im sure Tim and Phil will have more details as we get closer.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Its the next big 2 day tourney. I dont know all the details yet but I think it will be in late august. I believe it will be at the same hotel we had winter brawl at(much nicer than the ECT hotel) in Philadelphia. Im sure Tim and Phil will have more details as we get closer.
You guys can count me in... and this time I plan to be prepared. ;)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Glad you guys had fun.

After Evolution in Vegas. I'll do my best to attend the next big east coast event.

It's not a promise, but I would love to meet some of you East Coasters. I need to show you all that West Coast love in some SSFIV beatdowns! :p

Dark_Rob

Noob
Glad you guys had fun.

After Evolution in Vegas. I'll do my best to attend the next big east coast event.

It's not a promise, but I would love to meet some of you East Coasters. I need to show you all that West Coast love in some SSFIV beatdowns! :p
That would be awesome if you could make that happen Bone. I would definately want to meet you in person. Ive learned alot from you over the past year and a half, and Ive always admired your work ethic when it comes to constantly trying to improve your game and reach ever higher levels of play. It would be great to play you in some offline SSF4 as well, Hell maybe we could even get you on some UMK3 since we have plenty of true MK layout sticks to play on.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Static @ ECT2

Alright, finally some time to type this all out.

My trip actually began on Friday. My buddy Frank Bisesi called me and told me he was gonna save me a trip to Cleveland from Columbus on a Greyhound and pick me up via Dayton, Ohio (90 minutes SW of Columbus) and bring me to Cleveland. I lucked out. MAD PROPS TO FRANK!! The man is a legend in the Street Fighter WW/HF/ST world. He also placed 2nd @ HDr at ECT2 to secure a seeding at EVO 2010, I might add. I will also add he is a very good MK player who used to not only travel (and by travel, i mean Greyhound) to Cali to play Mike Watson and other SF legends but would also bus over to Chicago to play Lex, Jason Wilson and other LEGENDARY MK players. I will also add he put me in the losers bracket @ UMK3 too lol

Nevertheless, we arrived in Cleveland at Chris Ghaleon's house (Ghaleon, aka another good MK player, aka HALF the duo that brought the world SEASONS BEATINGS). I watched in awe of those Cleveland guys (Harmon too!) play some nasty HDr matches. We also got in some NBA JAM and WWF Wrestlefest in too on Ghaleons cab too. Awesome shit. The real godlike part of the night was watching Ghaleon and Frank do money matches @ Mega Man 2 time trials lol. Also some Mike Tysons punch out too. Amazing shit. Then it was sleepy time.

We left Cleveland, well, Solon, Ohio's Enterprise around 9:50am and make our way to Morristown, NJ around 5pm-ish.

And from then on, I got to meet some very cool people, for the first time in person. It was epic!!!

Shock - you know the story. I wouldnt have been there if it wasnt for you. You are Professor MK and your dedication to this gdlk game is inspirational. I am determined to keep this games spirit alive, as well as Ryan's too. It was awsome to finally meet you sir, and believe me its the first of many!! THANK YOU! PS- Happy Birthday on Saturday, brotha!

DreemerNJ - You werent there, but you were. I put the $50 to have the sponsorship of THIS site, and everything you have done with and for this site is SO special to me. Its been my homepage since i got my laptop in Spring of 2008 (yes even through the downtime!) it was an honor to speak to you on the phone. Hopefully next time it will be in person. Thank you!

Phil - Again, an honor to meet you, my friend. You are just as awesome IRL as you are on here and such. What you do not just for MK but for the FG community is awesome. For those that didnt realize, Phil ran 2 POOLS of Super Bleh Fighter 4...and let me tell you, Saturday was nuts. The ballroom was a hat sauna of hell and both you and Matt were running pools for a game that WASNT Ultimate. Best wishes to you and the wifey, and love to the kids ;) Hope to see you again soon!!

Simon - My friend, you sir are on such another level. The finals might have not turned out how you had liked, but you sir, will be cracking heads for it all very very soon. You are godlike!! Thank you taking the time to work with me, especially on that Sindel v Lao match up we did :) Work on that stick, and we'll get some matches in on p2p VERY SOON! Take care my friend. will see you again very soon! PS- let me know about Andrey! ;)

Dark Rob - holy shit, bro. holy shit. It was sooooo awesome to meet you in person. You are such a great dude, and is really motivated by this game we love (aka Ultimate Mortal Krack 3 lol) and what you already do for the community is just so beyond what alot of these forums kids wish they could be. You are the real deal and by the next time i see you, i wont want any part of that HSmoke. But those HSmoke v Kano matches and all the rest until you couldnt keep your eyes open Saturday night was a big high light. awesome shit bro. :)

Scotty! Thank you sir for letting me room with you, and all around all the BS i give you for this and that, but it was an honor to meet you in person. What you give the MK community and what MKE will give it will be huge. I cant thank you enough! Driving all the way you did just to support us, man, thats awesome. The stream was awesome, and yes, i gave MKE some love on it! ;)

Nit - You are the man, bro. You have the slickest set up, are such a great player. I was so very bummed you couldnt wreck me in some MK2. But thank you thank you thank you for helping give us the sickest set up in the room. Word cant describe how important you are to this community. Until next time (October, right? ;)) my friend...

iloveu joe - once again you taking money from me. lmao you never ceased to amaze me. I know Super 4 didnt go well, but its tough running shit and RUNNING SHIT hehe wink wink. Nevertheless, you definitely showed up in MK's biggest moment post arcade era and showed how versatile you are. For such a basic HSmoke, you sure do make some good CASH with him. hehe see you @ Seasons Beatings for sure again, bro. :)

Sweeeeeeeet, Sweet JohnnyCage! John, you are the fucking man. Sticking up for MK, helping us, providing for us, pushing us into the limelight. The tourney was awesome and again, an honor to meet you. If you ever need anything, you already know how to get ahold of me, my friend. Next time too, we gotta play each other!! take care buddy!

Versa...dont think i didnt forget. It was very cool and very unexpected to run into you. You is a very cool cat. Best of luck doing what u do, bro. See you around :)

Outlaw...my friend, i didnt even put 2 and 2 together until it was too late. You are that UMK3 DS player, i believe. Sorry it just didnt cross my mind until LOTS later who you are. Thank you for comin out.

All the other guys who stopped over and played....Kyle, BlueNine, Kazy...THANK YOU!!

All the losers who put this game down....here is a spoon......If you still dont know what to do..............................

Of course, the Cleveland guys....thank you! the ride to (3rd Strike in the back seat lol) and on the way back....Boon & Tobias....Disco Fries....Chris in the middle of the front seat lmao lmao....ohhh jesus......see you guys Saturday :)

onward to this Saturday in Cincinnati for UMK3 on a cab, June 26th in Cleveland for MK on a cab and then of course, mid October-ish for UMK3 on a cab.

If there was never a better time to jump on the wagon............................

its now.

Thank you UMK, MKE & CMK!!!

STATIC.......out?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Wow, great post Tim. Reading it was like getting to relive it all over again. I truly hope others read yours, and the rest of the posts in here to get an understanding of how awesome UMK3 and in general tournaments are. Sure there are the games but there is so much more to it. Meeting new friends, the comraderie, and knowing that your part of something special and knowing that in some way we all did something to make the event just that much more great. Meeting you and getting to kick it with you for hours playing UMK3 until only sleeps grip could pry me away was a big highlight of the weekend for me. You are a class act sir. Coming to NJ from Ohio to support UMK3 is a singularly supreme act of dedication and you and Phil did a bang up job handling the commentary on the stream during UMK3's shining moment.
Much respect for all youve done and continue to do for the MK community Tim.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Shit, i forgot to mention Chris... I knew i was missing someone. It was nice to meet him... he was a new face, a great MK players and a chill dude.

Hopefully, we come across each other again. :top:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shit, i forgot to mention Chris... I knew i was missing someone. It was nice to meet him... he was a new face, a great MK players and a chill dude.

Hopefully, we come across each other again. :top:
Chris is the fucking man. He an fugee run Seasons Beatings, which again is the THE BIGGEST and BEST Major in the midwest. :)

He brought his Saturn pad for MK but still rocked it out on the sticks the whole time.

Damn, i miss this weekend :(