What's new

Most fun to play variations in the game right now?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Just now getting back in because of Aftermath coming out soon, I was wondering what variations do you all think are the most fun to play? Right now I'm messing around in practice with Soul Eater (Shang), Arachnophobia (D'Vorah), and taking a look at Frost's variations. Not sure if I'll actually pick any of them up later down the road if I start playing online again, just trying to look around and find what all the variations offer right now.

Obviously I'm crossing my fingers that the new characters will be really fun and I'll main Fujin, but it never hurts finding some alternatives.

And by the way, said variations don't need to be top tier, easy to play, or anything like that. Just trying to find satisfying variations.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Lotus Fist Kung Lao if you like staggers and rushdown with mobility.
Fearless Kitana for the gworls who like zoning shenanigans.
Bone Picker is fun for its good anti-airs and shimmy shimmy ya ya command grab lunge.
Jaded Jade is fun if you like anti-zoning, mobility and safety.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Lotta fun with BI Erron.
Seeing Double Noob.
Heart Pierce Skarlet in a MU she doesn't struggle in.
Hat Tricks Lao.
The One Spawn.
Avalanche Sub.
Warlock Shang.
Arctic Anarchy Frost.

A list.

Upgraded Jacqui really allows for expressive playstyles if you like pressing alot of buttons. The bounce cancels remind me of a really slow MvC2 Magneto

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Johnny Cage - Show Stopper
Liu Kang - Luohan Quan
Shang Tsung - Warlock
Kabal - The Spins
Geras - Eternal
Kotal Kahn - Ascension
Frost - Frost Byte

Scorpion: Reborn (Misery Blade would beat that if they fixed whiffing issues)
Skarlet: Blood Drive (restand and variable Blood Ball can be so oppressive)
Baraka: Marauder (The damage is just stupid but hard to get)

Don't really play anything else and I'm a real basic bitch so this is pretty subjective.

I’ve played a few variations, but really enjoy Frost - Frost Byte... I get more rage quits with this variation than anything, but it’s also fun because you have to engage your brain for when people don’t respect your bomb set ups...

I find brain dead variations not fun personally

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Kitana - Fearless : for the 50/50 with the low fan, for the long fan-nado to punish when the opponent wakes up, or just spaming it.

Skarlet - Hemorrhage : restand in the corner with the db4, the max damage of bf4.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Ascension Kotal for the ability to just steamroll rounds
Buluc to become a Dark Souls boss
Marauder Baraka for the ridiculous damage output
Dirtbag Kano for the cheese
Hat Trick Lao was fun when I was playing him

SonBearku

#NerfRaiden
Ace of Knaves Joker
Buzzed or Arachnophobia Dvorah
Any variation of Kung Lao
Any variation of Geras but mainly eternal
Clean cut or the spins Kabal
Jaded Jade
Any variation of Erron Black but ive been playing a lot of locked and loaded and its surprisingly fun.

Of course its subjective

NHDR

Noob
My two mains are Kano (Dirtbag) and Kotal (Ascension), and both are great fun. On the side, I'm learning Erron Black (Barking Irons and 52KP) and Geras (Eternal). All are really fun.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Baraka Berserker V3
I win matches in 40 seconds or less
Scorpion v2 is the easiest to win with because people don't bother practice mode and the easiest to beat because scorpion is NOT Higher than mid tier
Kung Lao Teleport Variation (v2?) Gotta love the spamming! yxyxyxyxb dive kick teleport grab and z-Hat
Cassie gun var. and Glow kick var. Cause they are a mix of my custom Variation

Baraka Berserker V3
I win matches in 40 seconds or less
Scorpion v2 is the easiest to win with because people don't bother practice mode and the easiest to beat because scorpion is NOT Higher than mid tier
Kung Lao Teleport Variation (v2?) Gotta love the spamming! yxyxyxyxb dive kick teleport grab and z-Hat
Cassie gun var. and Glow kick var. Cause they are a mix of my custom Variation
I really don't know who is worse than Shao Khan and Scorpion so I dunno why people call him mid tier. I mean it's not like you can't win with him, you just gotta work a lot harder than anyone else.
V2 Scorpion at least has legit pressure with f32, as it forces people to stand block after f3 opening them up to d3 into s1 jailing and throw pressure. A lot less to worry about with Reborn Scorpion but he doesn't have to take pressure so much since he can just poke into tele cancel in order to get out of shit situations.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I really don't know who is worse than Shao Khan and Scorpion so I dunno why people call him mid tier. I mean it's not like you can't win with him, you just gotta work a lot harder than anyone else.
V2 Scorpion at least has legit pressure with f32, as it forces people to stand block after f3 opening them up to d3 into s1 jailing and throw pressure. A lot less to worry about with Reborn Scorpion but he doesn't have to take pressure so much since he can just poke into tele cancel in order to get out of shit situations.
I played since the pre-Beta and I myself think scorpion needs a hefty amount of buffs. But he fools people some how, in a way which we will NEVER know, so there ya go

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Highborne because your opponent gets super mad at everything you do and you never have to worry about breakaway.

It's great.
I second this, it's really fun.

I like Dirtbag cause it's worth it to see your opponent freak out when they're in the corner, you got Molotov down, and so many options to pressure.

Kotal: Buluc/Totemic
Dvorah: Buzzed
Kung Lao: v1 / v2
Kitana: v1 / v3
Skarlet: v2 / v3
Kollector: v2
Cassie Cage: v2
Sindel: v2
Jade: v2
Shang: v2 or v3

I have fun with all these variations