What's new

Mortal Kombat X E3 Gameplay w/ Ed Boon Commentary [Cassie Cage & Kotal Kahn Fatalities]

K0LPAX

Noob
Highlights 3 matches with Ed Boon giving some commentary and info about MKX.

Sub-Zero vs Ferra/Torr (Shows Sub-Zero's Fatality)
Cassie Cage vs D'Vorah (Shows Cassie's Fatality)
Kotal Kahn vs Ferra/Torr (Shows Kotal's Fatality)

Another video from E3 video showcasing 4 matches.
Cassie Cage vs D'Vorah
Kotal Kahn vs Ferra/Torr
Scorpion vs Sub-Zero
Cassie Cage vs Ferra/Torr

Last edited:

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
There was also more streamed by IGN immediately after this, but I don't believe there is a YouTube link.

K0LPAX

Noob
yea, I hadn't had a chance to see anything from IGN yet. I do like what was shown of Cassie Cage though!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Cassie looks pretty unfinished. Her movement seems clunky.
I agree, she definitely seems the least polished. Her movements look a little clunky and her model doesn't seem quite as amazing as the rest.

The face/hair is passable, but her body/head look disproportionate. It's probably her long neck or something.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I agree, she definitely seems the least polished. Her movements look a little clunky and her model doesn't seem quite as amazing as the rest.

The face/hair is passable, but her body/head look disproportionate. It's probably her long neck or something.
I'm not sure if they will change her stance or animations, since they never have in the past no matter how much people complained.

But she is definitely not done, she seems low poly compared to the rest of the cast.

Peckapowa

Champion
cassie cage with that ground pound and oh missile, oh shit

edit- not sure if it was an ex missile or something, the little ground pound

it says her other stance has nutcracker and air akimbo

so far she seems to suit me the most, mobile, good ranged game, need to see more, i want to see the blood god version of kotal kahn

inferno scorpion looks really cool

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I was thinking that too, the character looked way too stiff and odd,
The animation/art style for this game seems to be more exaggerated/cartoonish, slower and emphasizing each hit more. Although they are probably still polishing, it seems like an intentional game design decision to me.

I see a lot of similarities to say, Grundy from Injustice.

Last edited:

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The animation/art style for this game seems to be more exaggerated/cartoonish, slower and emphasizing each hit more. Although they are probably still polishing, it seems like an intentional game design decision.
It seemed a lil unfinished to me compared to the other characters they demoed. I have no doubt that much of the visuals we saw this week are going to change some. HEll Boon did say that the character select screen is not a finalized image.