What's new

Mortal Kombat: Shinken Kourin Densetsu

dreemernj

Ambassador
Anybody play this? It's the Genesis/Megadrive and SNES version of MK1 that was released in Japan. I've seen some strange screenshots of the genesis version (white shadows :confused:) and was wondering if there are any real differences in this version compared to the US version.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Cool, thanks.

Any other differences exist between this and US/E versions? Or is it pretty much a direct copy?

Doesn't appear to be, MK 1 carts seem to be (W) carts, so the only difference seems to be the label

EDIT:

Just checked the (J) SNES ROM and it appears to be identical, except the first screen repeats 3 times for some reason.

krsx

Noob
ÐarkMoon said:
What does Shinken Kourin Densetsu translate to?
Densetsu is the only word that translates into anything that makes sense. It means tradition or legend. As for shinken and kourin, the closest words are shinkei which = nerve (as in nervous) or shinko which are radishes.
Same with kourin; nearest is retail.

So...Mortal Kombat: Legend Retail Radishes...or something

I always found it weird the Japanese Sega CD MK1 was called Mortal Kombat: Complete, for reasons unknown to me.

krsx said:
ÐarkMoon said:
What does Shinken Kourin Densetsu translate to?
Densetsu is the only word that translates into anything that makes sense. It means tradition or legend. As for shinken and kourin, the closest words are shinkei which = nerve (as in nervous) or shinko which are radishes.
Same with kourin; nearest is retail.

So...Mortal Kombat: Legend Retail Radishes...or something

I always found it weird the Japanese Sega CD MK1 was called Mortal Kombat: Complete, for reasons unknown to me.
Mortal Kombat : Nervous Retail Legends.

Hmm

krsx said:
No shit, Weird. Must just be because of the added MK1 commercial. Now you have the complete experience!!!! XD