What's new

Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat II. Which one to get?

G

Back in the old days, I always used to visit my grandma and play the Mortal Kombat arcade cab over there (my uncle's). I really love the game and a few months ago I've come across an arcade reseller in my country. At that time, it was going for 600 euro (880$) so I didn't feel like shelling out the cash for it. But now that I got some more cash I went to check back and the guy now got an MK II cab as well, for only 375 euro (550$) and the MK cab had a price drop, it's now selling for 500 euro (735$).

Now, here's my dilemma. Mortal Kombat has always been my favourite arcade game and it has a LOT of sentimental value for me. But then again, the Mortal Kombat II cab has a lower cost and is generally considered the better game of the two. I didn't really put a lot of thought in this at first, and wanted to get the Mortal Kombat II cab since it's cheaper, a better game and I might get the MK PCB and put it in there.

So I asked my mother what she would do, and she told me that I might regret it later if I'm not gonna get the arcade that I really want. In all honesty, I really want the Mortal Kombat cab since it looks much better than the MKII one and because it has such a large amount of sentimental value attached to it, also, I absolutely love the great sounds of Mortal Kombat.

What do you guys/girls have to say on this matter? Thank you for your opinions.

G

I knew! :D Awesome to get a response from a fellow Mortal Kombat (original) fan. I think I'm definitely gonna go with the MK cab because I just love its sound, gameplay and art.

bwq said:
I knew! :D Awesome to get a response from a fellow Mortal Kombat (original) fan. I think I'm definitely gonna go with the MK cab because I just love its sound, gameplay and art.
for real, i suggest mk1 too 8)

G

Haha nice, soultaker, another MK1 legend :). And Scheisse! What a nice forum. I wish I could get both Scheisse, but I'll have to settle with just the PCB of MK2. I'm still a 19 year old college student, so it's not like I can cough up the dollars just like that :p .

Also, in my opinion Mortal Kombat still has "honest" gameplay. I tried Mortal Kombat 2 and it was way harder; I hate having to rely on exploits of the AI but it's not that easy to play MK2 without them.

MK1 means a fuckload to you.

Get that.

shit like more character and better gameplay mean fuck all when it comes to sentimentality, and that machine holds it all.

Get MK2 when/if you've got the fundage, but go with your heart dude.

Mariso

Noob
MK1 more balanced than MK2? Not with Sonya dominating the entire cast (except maybe Cage).
Usilly cool players dont even use Sonja online. If i pick her (wich is rarely), i use her mostly to do jab cancels in close range battle cause she has fast recoveries! only Lame players use her in lame way!
And game being more balanced meaning, it plays more smooth frames on caracters and stuff like that! + i almost forgot important fact...mk1 gameplay prevents spamm abuse cause of BIG punisment system.