What's new

Mortal Kombat Digital Series News

Wow. Amazing how this stuff snowballs.

Hoepfully the shorts will be good and the game a success and then we can start speculating about the cast for the ensuing movie! :moonwalk:

# Just finished filming on #MortalKombat today. What a great project to be a part of! Very excited! @RyRobbins @JeriLRyan @MichaelJaiWhite
about 12 hours ago via web
# My character is new to the #mortalkombat world her name is Blue!
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
# @serge_egres nope she doesn't have steel fans :) she can't be stealing other peoples killing tools!! Hahaha
37 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
# @Theglobaljunkie haha thanks! :)
29 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
# @serge_egres hahaahaha yup! This is true.
27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
# I can't say anything else about it. I've been sworn to secrecy!!! :) #mortalkombat
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
http://twitter.com/tracyspiridakos

credit solardor trmk

DrDogg

Noob
60+ characters to choose from that people know and love... and WB feels the need to create new ones? Unless this "Blue" character is in MK9, that's really disappointing.

Reminds of why I dislike Michael Bay's Transformers so much. So many robots to use from canon, yet he feels the need to create a million new ones.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Blue may be just a regular new character for just the show, it doesn't bug me. Kind of cool, I remember with MKC series Taja, Ciro among a few other characters were never canon to the MK games story but cool characters none the less.

DrDogg

Noob
Blue may be just a regular new character for just the show, it doesn't bug me. Kind of cool, I remember with MKC series Taja, Ciro among a few other characters were never canon to the MK games story but cool characters none the less.
If WB had used a good portion of the 60+ characters and then decided to add on to that, I'd be fine with it. But they've used what... 10? With 50+ characters left that fans want to see, there's NO reason to create new ones.

When is this web series coming out?
Supposed to hit in April around the time the game releases.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, I don't think it's a big deal honestly.....and this like MKC, second movie and cartoons etc may not even be canon to the games....I read it's just going to tell the tale concerning the backgrounds of characters.....example, if they do the whole "Doctor Baraka implanting his own blades" or "reptile being a serial killer with a born skin disease" that's nonsense since that's not how Baraka or Reptile came to be...Neither are even from Earthrealm..lol

But they're taking a new Dark Knight spin on it

Zenn, it's coming out in April prior to the games release.