What's new

Mortal Kombat: Deception 20th Anniversary! Share your memories!

All, today Mortal Kombat: Deception turns 20 years old. I personally have some really fond memories of this game. Honestly, I really wish this game would receive online support again. Regardless, I'll start by sharing that this game started me on the online community as this game was the first Mortal Kombat to have online play.

Share your stories!

Scott Naylor

Comments

I bought it a few years back to play it for first time, definitely wish I got it back in the day.

I love how you can just walk up and rock random people! But I wish I remembered my profile code :confused:

Never got to play this game online but I played it with my brother constantly. Probably watched the intro video in full over 100 times. Exploring the MK universe through conquest mode for the first time was mind blowing.

Love this game.

I got it on release thanks to a fair share of family effort, my older sister used to get PSMagazines which where we've seen the release date, at the time we had deadly alliance and played the hell out of it.

When deception came, omg, we played a lot, the konquest, the stories, we were so hooked on the story, specially with the expansion of them realms, being in netherrealm for the second time since mythologies.
The modes, also puzzle kombat has to be one of the best modes NRS ever put in their titles.
Chess Kombat
the amount of lore and stages, that i think Armaggedon kinda felt short compared to what Deadly Alliance and Deception brought to the game.
It was also at this time (DA to Deception) that NRS music kinda peaked with a style so unique, there was an atmosphere to the chinese songs, the techno ones and the metal ones, that just hit the right spot

Last year i did a tribute to this era with a song, i'm pretty sure you guys recodnize immediately,, if you want to hear it:
https://soundcloud.com/eddy-wang%2Fkredits-mortal-kombat-deadly-alliance-remade-for-dan

To this day, the only title that truly does the larger MK universe justice IMO (one could argue Shaolin Monks does too, but it’s a different vibe). Sadly the most important part (the actual kombat) leaves a lot to be desired, that’s the only thing holding it back from being my favorite MK ever.

It baffles me how they haven’t been able to make a soundtrack as good as MKD/MKA in ages, but MK9 is also good and the newest tracks in MK1 are bangers as well. Still, I miss Falling Cliffs every day.

Also Tanya’s there, so it’s good.

Still and forever my favorite MK of all time.

Still and forever salty about the first time I beat all of the Black Dragon to awake KOCHAL...aaaaand it just turned out to be a box of Koins.

Never got to play this game online but I played it with my brother constantly. Probably watched the intro video in full over 100 times. Exploring the MK universe through conquest mode for the first time was mind blowing.

Love this game.
That intro alone puts to shame the entirety of mkx mk11 and mk1 vomit inducing stories.