What's new

Mortal Kombat D Pad issues

So I played MKX for years and now I'm playing MK11. My household has two xbox one's and we have 5 wireless controllers ALL with messed up D pads. I've given up on them. We are not mashers but these controllers are so cheap and the d pad buttons end up getting stuck ieventually I've bought the warranty in the past but that has becomes a hassle as I've had brand new controllers start to stick within a week and then had to get a replacement which started to stick within 3 months. I just replaced a controller today and the D pad on the brand new controller does not work correctly with the inputs. I'm beyond frustrated with this. In my experience there is clearly a known issue with faulty D pads that has not been addressed. What do you guys use? Do your d-pads get stuck to?

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
My Xbox controllers have had issues with the A button but never the D-pads, and I played MKX, Injustice 2, and MK11 on XBO

I used an Xbox one dpad for like 4 years now and I have no issue with the dpad. It disconects sometimes but that's because it fell down pretty hard and the connector is kinda broken. But no, absolute 0 issues with the pad.

So I played MKX for years and now I'm playing MK11. My household has two xbox one's and we have 5 wireless controllers ALL with messed up D pads. I've given up on them. We are not mashers but these controllers are so cheap and the d pad buttons end up getting stuck ieventually I've bought the warranty in the past but that has becomes a hassle as I've had brand new controllers start to stick within a week and then had to get a replacement which started to stick within 3 months. I just replaced a controller today and the D pad on the brand new controller does not work correctly with the inputs. I'm beyond frustrated with this. In my experience there is clearly a known issue with faulty D pads that has not been addressed. What do you guys use? Do your d-pads get stuck to?
The Xbox Wireless Controller's D-Pads are indeed prone to all the issues you described, and they can indeed happen to brand new controllers out-of-the-box.

For fighting games, I highly recommend a third party pad. The one I use is the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One, and I use it on my Xbox One X and PC for Mortal Kombat 11, Killer Instinct (2013), and to a lesser extent, Mortal Kombat XL.

Its D-Pad is fantastic, and the buttons can be remapped from the Controller itself, so you can set it up like a traditional Controller layout instead of having RT and RB as face buttons. I highly recommend it.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Probably should have made this title directly relate to xbox pad issues. (Although I can see why you wouldn't as most people play ps4 and would just skip this.)

I'm just here to re-state and shill the above suggestion of the Hori Fight commander. I find the pad superior to the ps4 and xbox for fighters.

Probably should have made this title directly relate to xbox pad issues. (Although I can see why you wouldn't as most people play ps4 and would just skip this.)

I'm just here to re-state and shill the above suggestion of the Hori Fight commander. I find the pad superior to the ps4 and xbox for fighters.
Is it really re-shilling though to be recommending a proven good product?

Sazbak

Noob
I had the same problem and I kept dropping Sub-Zero's j3 dash combos because of the buttons not letting up in time.
I bought a PS2 controller with Brook Super Converter a week ago and I love it. You can totally feel the d-pad buttons being pressed down properly.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I had the same problem and I kept dropping Sub-Zero's j3 dash combos because of the buttons not letting up in time.
I bought a PS2 controller with Brook Super Converter a week ago and I love it. You can totally feel the d-pad buttons being pressed down properly.
So there ARE still PS2 Pad Converters out there! I need to get one ASAP.

And I actually loved the XBox One pad, but I only played on it for MKX. Never had any problems except the occasional disconnect.